ADVERTISEMENT

She gone?

I don’t think she is “fired” in the old fashioned sense but supposedly she’s “taken a leave of absence” and AB has had the Head of Global Marketing to step in to replace her.
Bud Light sales remain down nearly 11%. I am surprised because I thought it would be more after all this uproar.
Disclaimer: I’ve never had a BL in my life. Not much of a beer drinker but if I have a beer it’s usually that beer flavored water otherwise known as Michelob Ultra.

I hate to break the hearts of dumbasses, but. no, I actually don't.

Biggreydumbass and Clay Travis were actually WRONG! I can’t believe this shocking turn of events. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
It's clearly not impacting their stock, is it?

#MAGAsAreSoDumbThey'reJustSwitchingToAnotherInBevProduct

Stock prices are based on investors' predictions of company value in the future. They're not based on what's happening today.

GarbhanGrant_GoneGirl.jpg

With that said I’ve got about 5-6 different IPA crowlers in my basement fridge right now, and a few barrel aged stouts.
Better drink those quick. They don't age all that well, typically, especially when they are "bar fills" and not production area fills in bottles or cans.

This whole thing has gotten ridiculously out of hand, but if the people on the other side of this issue are Kid Rock, Clay Travis and Donald Trump Jr., I’m pretty comfortable with my position.
Or, the bravely anonymous posters here who get the vapors thinking about people they will never meet whose lives in no way affect their own.

This whole thing has gotten ridiculously out of hand, but if the people on the other side of this issue are Kid Rock, Clay Travis and Donald Trump Jr., I’m pretty comfortable with my position.
Popping open a cold BL?
Seriously though I think this marketing mistake will die out pretty quickly.

Here's my take: Five to ten years ago, most people would have had a Live and Let Live attitude towards transgenders, but it's gotten to the point that it gets shoved down everyone's throats left and right, and when it reached a blue collar brand like Bud Light, the people finally said enough is enough. Live your life, but quit making us celebrate it. Just give us the product and quit injecting ideology into it.

I'll compare it to overly patriotic displays years after 9/11; I'm as patriotic as they come, but even I grew weary of, for example, God Bless America being played every 7th inning stretch. I can only imagine how annoying it got for others. But if you point it out, then you're accused of hating America.

I'm not trying to make this about anything political but the second post was right...

This was a terrible idea from the start. You have to know your audience and you had to know this type of thing would upset the crowd. The VP representing this company will cost the company money. That's basic economics.

Reactions: goldmom
Here's my take: Five to ten years ago, most people would have had a Live and Let Live attitude towards transgenders, but it's gotten to the point that it gets shoved down everyone's throats left and right, and when it reached a blue collar brand like Bud Light, the people finally said enough is enough. Live your life, but quit making us celebrate it. Just give us the product and quit injecting ideology into it.

I'll compare it to overly patriotic displays years after 9/11; I'm as patriotic as they come, but even I grew weary of, for example, God Bless America being played every 7th inning stretch. I can only imagine how annoying it got for others. But if you point it out, then you're accused of hating America.
Whut? It’s being forced down your throat? Who is forcing you to celebrate or support anything? Avert your eyes if people who are different from you are that triggering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT