ADVERTISEMENT

Shonn Greene & Adrian Clayborn going into Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame

Not 10-12 years, but 5. He and I were in college at the same time and I just turned 50. He’s 2-3 years older than I am (I think, also can’t remember if he redshirted), but I flipped those years the wrong way. He’s probably 52-53.
I thought you meant if he played with Greene in 2008 he'd have lost a step because he would have been 47. He was 34 in 2008. That's where I was going. Anyway...two great backs. Sedrick is 50 now, man how time flies.

Yep!!! You're absolutely correct. If he played for a more prestigious program, he honestly could've been a frontrunner. He was as good as Adrian Peterson was in college and just as impactful in a game but got nowhere near the hype that AP did.

There are many reasons why SG didn't really have a shot, but mostly, it's because he wasn't a QB and for the last two decades or so, mostly, who else really has a shot if they're not a QB and don't play for one of about 10-12 programs?
Not even 10-12. OSU, Bama, USC, M, LSU, Clemson for a bit. Anyone else is a dark horse....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT