ADVERTISEMENT

Should the government allow the Sysco/US Foods merger?

Jerome Silberman

HB Legend
Oct 30, 2009
Would the joining of the two giant companies be a monopoly detrimental to the consumer? In Iowa we are lucky to have multiple smaller distributors to fill the gap and promote competition, but some larger markets don't seem to have that luxury. Also, what about the Heinz/Kraft merger? Wold their merger be detrimental to the consumer?

link a doodle doo

Originally posted by Jerome Silberman:
Would the joining of the two giant companies be a monopoly detrimental to the consumer? In Iowa we are lucky to have multiple smaller distributors to fill the gap and promote competition, but some larger markets don't seem to have that luxury. Also, what about the Heinz/Kraft merger? Wold their merger be detrimental to the consumer?

Link: link a doodle doo[/URL]
Big ketchup is what we need to watch out for in this world😊
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by aflachawk:
Originally posted by Jerome Silberman:

Link: link a doodle doo
Big ketchup is what we need to watch out for in this world😊
Posted from Rivals Mobile
It just may be if you're ; in the restaurant business, trying to cut education costs, trying to run senior assistance centers or homes for disabled folks, just a hard working family trying to get by.

In Iowa it isn't an issue. In other areas there may be competitive issues. But, those are areas that probably have a built in disadvantage for food distribution companies to succeed.
Heinz and Kraft works for me. I don't know what it does for the share price, but, it won't create any disadvantages for me as a consumer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT