ADVERTISEMENT

Dollar Endgame: Prepare Now For The Biggest Change To Our Money Since 1971

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
I guess we're all doomed, eh?

BY NOMI PRINS, EDITOR, ROGUE ECONOMICS
On August 15, 1971, then-President Richard Nixon had no choice. He had to give a speech on a brewing crisis. He called it “The Challenge of Peace.” Its objective was to sell the American people on a lie.

On that day, Nixon devalued the savings and earning power of every American. It’s the day he broke the dollar’s tie to gold.
It only took 18 minutes. It was a masterpiece. Almost no one noticed what was happening.

During the speech, Nixon talked about soldiers in Vietnam unable to find work after returning home from “success” during the war.
Then, he talked about inflation. For the five years prior, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 6% per year. Nixon promised to break that trend. He promised the average American they could get by.

About halfway through, he finally got to his real reason for speaking. He said, “Let me lay to rest the bugaboo of what is called devaluation.”

He knew what was about to happen to the average American’s wealth. He just didn’t want anyone else to figure it out.
So Nixon blamed the problem on a group of “international money speculators.” He told his audience they were responsible for raising prices on everyday goods. They kept veterans from finding work. But it was all a lie.

The truth was, the U.S. bungled its incredible power as the world’s go-to currency. The gold in Fort Knox gave it that power. But the government abused that position by running persistent budget deficits.
In 1945, the U.S. had 60% of the world’s official gold reserves. By the time of Nixon’s speech, that gold hoard was 63% smaller. Foreign countries had been buying gold.

Nixon didn’t have a choice if the U.S. wanted to keep running deficits relative to other nations. So he had to cut the dollar’s tie to gold.

Luckily for Nixon, most people don’t understand how currencies work. They also didn’t know about Wall Street’s role in cheering on the severing of gold to the dollar. That’s how Nixon was able to get away with saying “evil speculators” relentlessly attacked the dollar. Even though Wall Street was speculating as well.

But the truth is U.S. deficit spending hit a level so extreme, foreign governments lost confidence in the dollar. So they rushed to grab as much U.S. gold as they could instead.

The value of the U.S. dollar fell hard. The chart on the next page shows what this looked like at the time.
The impact was brutal. Inflation ran rampant over the next decade. At its height, inflation would hit 14.5% in 1980. That was compounded by oil price spikes.

Today, we’re seeing similar events play out. Inflation spiked last year. It hit a rate of 9.1%, the highest level in 41 years. As I write, it’s still running at 5%, far higher than the Federal Reserve’s 2% target rate.

The slowdown in the rate of inflation in the money supply is mainly due to the Fed’s relentless rate hike campaign. Over the past year, it raised its benchmark Federal Funds rate – the rate at which banks are able to borrow from the Fed – from 0.25% to 5.25%. It’s the fastest pace of rate hikes in history.

However, this policy has created some unintended consequences. For instance, we’ve seen several bank failures so far this year. The most notable being Silicon Valley Bank.

As the turmoil spreads throughout the financial system, the Fed will have to create more and more money. In fact, it already created more than $300 billion in the blink of an eye to help Silicon Valley Bank and other banks.
The good news is, there are steps you can take to protect and grow your wealth in this new era, in which the Fed will create more money from thin air.

See, the greatest wealth transfers usually happen during periods of turmoil. That’s why the next decade may end up being the greatest wealth transfer in American history.

Get it wrong and you might destroy your wealth. Get it right and you’ll not only survive, but you’ll thrive. And there’s a lot at stake.
But before I get to that, let me tell you a bit about myself… And why my experience can help you during this pivotal time.

FROM WALL STREET INSIDER
TO WHISTLEBLOWER

My name is Nomi Prins. I’m an investigative journalist, author, and advisor on economic and financial matters globally. For decades, I’ve gone down every rabbit hole to follow the money on Wall Street and in Washington…

I’ve traveled tens of thousands of miles… from Berlin to Shanghai… from Sao Paulo to Tokyo…

All to get the pulse of the global economy and what it means to ordinary people and their money. I’ve met with government leaders and financial movers and shakers… all while writing seven books on economics, history, the stock market, and Wall Street.

But once, I was a Wall Street insider.

I got my start as an analyst at the Chase Manhattan Bank when I was 19. I rose quickly through the ranks there. And I went on to hold senior positions with Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns London.

Then in 2000, Goldman Sachs recruited me to be a managing director at their global headquarters in New York. I had a coveted corner office on the 29th floor. And I was raking in a seven-figure salary.
But Wall Street, not a bastion of morality to start with, was changing… for the worse.

I saw a growing gap between what Wall Street wanted for itself and what was good for its clients. Some of its clients were major companies. But many were average Main Street folks.

I was fighting losing battles against Wall Street greed. Then, something happened that altered my life’s trajectory…

MY FIGHT TO TELL THE TRUTH
My office was just blocks away from the World Trade Center. On 9/11, United Airlines flight 175 passed right by my window. It was the second plane.

The days that unfolded were chaotic for us all. But here’s what stuck with me the most…

Hank Paulson, then-Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO, left a message on our internal voicemail. He said the “people of Goldman Sachs” had a duty to return to their workplaces.

But I felt differently. Instead, I spent days at the 69th Regiment Armory on Lexington Avenue. There, I helped people comb through lists of artifacts to find anything that belonged to their loved ones.

I realized life was too short to waste time.

Over the weeks that followed, I knew I had another calling – to shed light on the shadiness of Wall Street and corporate America.
Much to the chagrin of my mother, I quit my job at Goldman. I gave up potential millions of dollars in compensation in order to freely tell the truth.

And since I left Wall Street, I have done just that.

For years, I dug into the elite connections that shaped corporate favoritism… and the scandals that resulted.
And I warned of the calamity that would befall the financial system due to the house of cards Wall Street had created.

In fact, I forecast the 2008 financial crisis four years before it happened… And I wrote about exactly how and why it would unfold.
I published my first book about this in 2004, just two years after leaving Wall Street. It’s called Other People’s Money: The Corporate Mugging of America.

In it, I warned that the “next bull market’s bust will be even more devastating than the last one.” And I wrote this about the activities of big banks and insurance companies, such as AIG: "A brewing area of conflict of interest at the supermarket banks is their use of credit derivatives… The picture will only worsen when [insurers] start admitting their losses… which they are not obligated to disclose during their fall, but only when they hit bottom."

Four years later, these activities led to the $13 trillion mega-bank bailouts during the 2008 financial crisis – which were just the beginning.

I was one of the few insiders who dared to expose this exclusive global banking framework. And I wasn’t afraid to talk about it.
I did interviews on TV and radio. I spoke to audiences of students and politicians. I wrote numerous newspaper articles and books on the subject.

But nobody listened… Until the crisis hit. Then, my phone didn’t stop ringing. Interview and speaking requests came fast and furious.
Since then, I’ve made it my mission to shed light on the moral rot at the core of Wall Street and the shadiness of corporate America. I’ve exposed…
  • How the too-big-to-fail banks that got bailed out during the financial crisis had the tightest top-level government connections. And the most help from the Federal Reserve. There was a pattern…
  • The blood, money, and power relationships between Wall Street banking dynasties and American presidents throughout the 20th century. These connections still impact our lives today…
  • I even filed Freedom of Information Act requests. I did this to uncover information at the Clinton and other libraries. I wanted to get to the bottom of how those banking-political relationships impacted ordinary people.
All to help average folks get ahead in the markets. And today, we’re standing at the edge of what could be the biggest transfer of wealth in our lifetimes.

Article Continued Below:

Last edited:
TOTAL OVERHAUL OF OUR FINANCIAL SYSTEM

Most people think inflation, war, and a currency collapse are the biggest risks to our financial system. And while those are real problems, they don’t even begin to explain what is about to happen in the months ahead.

The entire financial system is on the verge of a shock unlike anything we’ve seen in decades.

See, a dangerous plan is being rolled out across America. Originally found on page 314 of a document from the desk of former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi…

It’s a scheme to enact enormous change to the appearance – and value – of our money. A total overhaul of our financial system.
If you have more than $2,500 in a U.S. bank account or retirement plan… Or if you collect a fixed income from the federal government… You are at risk.

But just hours after the first mention of this plan surfaced in the halls of Congress, the details were quietly redacted. “Scrubbed” from existence.

What was in the section that was erased? In a special video presentation I just released, I reveal the full story.

I show you why this dangerous overhaul is being unleashed now on an unsuspecting American public. It’s a scheme backed by…
  • The Federal Reserve
  • The Gates Foundation
  • The World Economic Forum
  • All 50 states
  • And even the White House – which is primed to put the final pieces of this plan into place this summer.
Already, big banks like JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Wells Fargo have started to implement it. And they have no choice in the matter.

Major retailers like Starbucks, McDonald’s, and Whole Foods (owned by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos) have tested the necessary technology. And Microsoft and Visa have unveiled plans that will help it all take effect, almost instantly.

In my video presentation, I explain exactly what I see coming… and why it could ultimately represent an imminent dollar “endgame.”
Plus, I share my two-step blueprint to escape the consequences of this new “money plan” – and potentially even grow your savings.
If you’re at all concerned about what’s coming, I encourage you to check out my presentation – and get more details on my two-step blueprint – right here:

How is it that I, a reasonably well-informed person, especially in political/financial affairs have never heard of this Naomi broad? Ever….
This alarmist bullshit is a huge reason why America finds itself in the information crisis it finds itself in today.
I rate this story right there with Breitbart released “fake news” Americans chose to listen to when they chose Trump a few years ago. Trump will destroy America if given another chance.

How is it that I, a reasonably well-informed person, especially in political/financial affairs have never heard of this Naomi broad? Ever….
This alarmist bullshit is a huge reason why America finds itself in the information crisis it finds itself in today.
I rate this story right there with Breitbart released “fake news” Americans chose to listen to when they chose Trump a few years ago. Trump will destroy America if given another chance.
Well, I figured you had at least one of her books on your shelf, Joel.

Amazon product ASIN 0976062186

I guess we're all doomed, eh?

BY NOMI PRINS, EDITOR, ROGUE ECONOMICS
On August 15, 1971, then-President Richard Nixon had no choice. He had to give a speech on a brewing crisis. He called it “The Challenge of Peace.” Its objective was to sell the American people on a lie.

On that day, Nixon devalued the savings and earning power of every American. It’s the day he broke the dollar’s tie to gold.
It only took 18 minutes. It was a masterpiece. Almost no one noticed what was happening.

During the speech, Nixon talked about soldiers in Vietnam unable to find work after returning home from “success” during the war.
Then, he talked about inflation. For the five years prior, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 6% per year. Nixon promised to break that trend. He promised the average American they could get by.

About halfway through, he finally got to his real reason for speaking. He said, “Let me lay to rest the bugaboo of what is called devaluation.”

He knew what was about to happen to the average American’s wealth. He just didn’t want anyone else to figure it out.
So Nixon blamed the problem on a group of “international money speculators.” He told his audience they were responsible for raising prices on everyday goods. They kept veterans from finding work. But it was all a lie.

The truth was, the U.S. bungled its incredible power as the world’s go-to currency. The gold in Fort Knox gave it that power. But the government abused that position by running persistent budget deficits.
In 1945, the U.S. had 60% of the world’s official gold reserves. By the time of Nixon’s speech, that gold hoard was 63% smaller. Foreign countries had been buying gold.

Nixon didn’t have a choice if the U.S. wanted to keep running deficits relative to other nations. So he had to cut the dollar’s tie to gold.

Luckily for Nixon, most people don’t understand how currencies work. They also didn’t know about Wall Street’s role in cheering on the severing of gold to the dollar. That’s how Nixon was able to get away with saying “evil speculators” relentlessly attacked the dollar. Even though Wall Street was speculating as well.

But the truth is U.S. deficit spending hit a level so extreme, foreign governments lost confidence in the dollar. So they rushed to grab as much U.S. gold as they could instead.

The value of the U.S. dollar fell hard. The chart on the next page shows what this looked like at the time.
The impact was brutal. Inflation ran rampant over the next decade. At its height, inflation would hit 14.5% in 1980. That was compounded by oil price spikes.

Today, we’re seeing similar events play out. Inflation spiked last year. It hit a rate of 9.1%, the highest level in 41 years. As I write, it’s still running at 5%, far higher than the Federal Reserve’s 2% target rate.

The slowdown in the rate of inflation in the money supply is mainly due to the Fed’s relentless rate hike campaign. Over the past year, it raised its benchmark Federal Funds rate – the rate at which banks are able to borrow from the Fed – from 0.25% to 5.25%. It’s the fastest pace of rate hikes in history.

However, this policy has created some unintended consequences. For instance, we’ve seen several bank failures so far this year. The most notable being Silicon Valley Bank.

As the turmoil spreads throughout the financial system, the Fed will have to create more and more money. In fact, it already created more than $300 billion in the blink of an eye to help Silicon Valley Bank and other banks.
The good news is, there are steps you can take to protect and grow your wealth in this new era, in which the Fed will create more money from thin air.

See, the greatest wealth transfers usually happen during periods of turmoil. That’s why the next decade may end up being the greatest wealth transfer in American history.

Get it wrong and you might destroy your wealth. Get it right and you’ll not only survive, but you’ll thrive. And there’s a lot at stake.
But before I get to that, let me tell you a bit about myself… And why my experience can help you during this pivotal time.

FROM WALL STREET INSIDER
TO WHISTLEBLOWER

My name is Nomi Prins. I’m an investigative journalist, author, and advisor on economic and financial matters globally. For decades, I’ve gone down every rabbit hole to follow the money on Wall Street and in Washington…

I’ve traveled tens of thousands of miles… from Berlin to Shanghai… from Sao Paulo to Tokyo…

All to get the pulse of the global economy and what it means to ordinary people and their money. I’ve met with government leaders and financial movers and shakers… all while writing seven books on economics, history, the stock market, and Wall Street.

But once, I was a Wall Street insider.

I got my start as an analyst at the Chase Manhattan Bank when I was 19. I rose quickly through the ranks there. And I went on to hold senior positions with Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns London.

Then in 2000, Goldman Sachs recruited me to be a managing director at their global headquarters in New York. I had a coveted corner office on the 29th floor. And I was raking in a seven-figure salary.
But Wall Street, not a bastion of morality to start with, was changing… for the worse.

I saw a growing gap between what Wall Street wanted for itself and what was good for its clients. Some of its clients were major companies. But many were average Main Street folks.

I was fighting losing battles against Wall Street greed. Then, something happened that altered my life’s trajectory…

MY FIGHT TO TELL THE TRUTH
My office was just blocks away from the World Trade Center. On 9/11, United Airlines flight 175 passed right by my window. It was the second plane.

The days that unfolded were chaotic for us all. But here’s what stuck with me the most…

Hank Paulson, then-Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO, left a message on our internal voicemail. He said the “people of Goldman Sachs” had a duty to return to their workplaces.

But I felt differently. Instead, I spent days at the 69th Regiment Armory on Lexington Avenue. There, I helped people comb through lists of artifacts to find anything that belonged to their loved ones.

I realized life was too short to waste time.

Over the weeks that followed, I knew I had another calling – to shed light on the shadiness of Wall Street and corporate America.
Much to the chagrin of my mother, I quit my job at Goldman. I gave up potential millions of dollars in compensation in order to freely tell the truth.

And since I left Wall Street, I have done just that.

For years, I dug into the elite connections that shaped corporate favoritism… and the scandals that resulted.
And I warned of the calamity that would befall the financial system due to the house of cards Wall Street had created.

In fact, I forecast the 2008 financial crisis four years before it happened… And I wrote about exactly how and why it would unfold.
I published my first book about this in 2004, just two years after leaving Wall Street. It’s called Other People’s Money: The Corporate Mugging of America.

In it, I warned that the “next bull market’s bust will be even more devastating than the last one.” And I wrote this about the activities of big banks and insurance companies, such as AIG: "A brewing area of conflict of interest at the supermarket banks is their use of credit derivatives… The picture will only worsen when [insurers] start admitting their losses… which they are not obligated to disclose during their fall, but only when they hit bottom."

Four years later, these activities led to the $13 trillion mega-bank bailouts during the 2008 financial crisis – which were just the beginning.

I was one of the few insiders who dared to expose this exclusive global banking framework. And I wasn’t afraid to talk about it.
I did interviews on TV and radio. I spoke to audiences of students and politicians. I wrote numerous newspaper articles and books on the subject.

But nobody listened… Until the crisis hit. Then, my phone didn’t stop ringing. Interview and speaking requests came fast and furious.
Since then, I’ve made it my mission to shed light on the moral rot at the core of Wall Street and the shadiness of corporate America. I’ve exposed…
  • How the too-big-to-fail banks that got bailed out during the financial crisis had the tightest top-level government connections. And the most help from the Federal Reserve. There was a pattern…
  • The blood, money, and power relationships between Wall Street banking dynasties and American presidents throughout the 20th century. These connections still impact our lives today…
  • I even filed Freedom of Information Act requests. I did this to uncover information at the Clinton and other libraries. I wanted to get to the bottom of how those banking-political relationships impacted ordinary people.
All to help average folks get ahead in the markets. And today, we’re standing at the edge of what could be the biggest transfer of wealth in our lifetimes.

Article Continued Below:

Oh Jeebus...another worthless "gold standard" article! 🙄

Reactions: alaskanseminole
TL;DR. Cliff note version?
Nomi seems to be a somewhat legitimate investigative journalist (often appears on major news networks--see last link), but looks like she's predicting that FedNow/Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) is going to change everything. I'm surprised it wasn't at least discussed here in this thread:

As for this thread, the videos spend a ridiculous amount of time [takes like 30 min before we even know what the frack she's talking about] soapboxing and spewing fear porn instead of just getting to the point. You can't fast forward or rewind the videos and you have no idea how long they are. Not sure how they expect us to take it seriously when it's clear they want to hijack us to their "cause". ...of course, it sucked my boomer mother in and has scared the $hit out of her.

Apparently, the 'Digital Currency' sections of the proposed 'Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act’ was the smoking gun that CBDC was/is imminent and we need to act now to save our money.

dPdKxiF.jpg

One thing Nomi is definitely spot on is this country's debt is out of control and Americans are suffering. She mentioned the average American has to take out a 7-year, high interest loan, just to afford a car.

----------------------------------

I forgot to add her Smoking Gun Part Deux: Executive Order 14067

And Microsoft's Digital Currency Patent request:

And VISA's Patent request:

7. The method of claim 1 , wherein causing the removal of the physical currency from circulation includes physically destroying the physical currency, the physical currency being fiat currency.

Last edited:
TL;DR. Cliff note version?
Okay, so the super condensed version is this. We're moving towards a 100% digital currency system. The evidence to support this:

1. Executive Order 14067 [linked above]

2. ID2020 https://id2020.org/

3. 2 Digital Currency/AI Patent requests from Microsoft and VISA [linked above]

4. Bill Gates Better Than Cash Alliance https://www.gatesfoundation.org/ideas/media-center/press-releases/2012/09/better-than-cash-alliance

5. Reverse ATMs.

6. FedNow

I'm not saying it's good or bad (and I don't think Nomi is either, just that it's coming and she is going to use it to make money). I'll probably start a poll to see if HROTers think digital currency is coming and if so is it a good or bad thing. Personally, I hate carrying cash.

Last edited:
I forgot to add Smoking Gun Part Deux: Executive Order 14067

And Microsoft's Digital Currency Patent request:

And VISA's Patent request:

7. The method of claim 1 , wherein causing the removal of the physical currency from circulation includes physically destroying the physical currency, the physical currency being fiat currency.

Someone doesn't understand how patents work....

LOL. Click bait article. They’re trying to sell you something.
Yup.

She used all the evidence above just to tell you that you should buy at least $100 in gold from some secret firm to protect yourself, BUT you have to sign up for her "risk free trial" to get access to her special reports:

1. The Escape Plan: How to Become Your Own Banker with the World's Hardest Asset.
2. Distortion Report
3. The #1 Gold Stock for 2023 and Beyond

The evidence of us transitioning to a Digital Currency is pretty apparent, but she's using it as fear porn for an hour-long spiel to get you to buy something from her. I'm sure she's lured many into it with dishonest tactics.

That said, I'd rather just discuss the evidence in and of itself. I'll probably just kill this thread and start another.

Yup.

She used all the evidence above just to tell you that you should buy at least $100 in gold from some secret firm to protect yourself, BUT you have to sign up for her "risk free trial" to get access to her special reports:

1. The Escape Plan: How to Become Your Own Banker with the World's Hardest Asset.
2. Distortion Report
3. The #1 Gold Stock for 2023 and Beyond

The evidence of us transitioning to a Digital Currency is pretty apparent, but she's using it as fear porn for an hour-long spiel to get you to buy something from her. I'm sure she's lured many into it with dishonest tactics.

That said, I'd rather just discuss the evidence in and of itself. I'll probably just kill this thread and start another.

“PLUS, I share my two-step blueprint to escape this new “money plan” - and potentially even grow your savings!””

Okay, so the super condensed version is this. We're moving towards a 100% digital currency system. The evidence to support this:

4. Bill Gates Better Than Cash Alliance https://www.gatesfoundation.org/ideas/media-center/press-releases/2012/09/better-than-cash-alliance

5. Reverse ATMs.

6. FedNow

I'm not saying it's good or bad (and I don't think Nomi is either, just that it's coming). I'll probably start a poll to see if HROTers think digital currency is coming and if so is it a good or bad thing. Personally, I hate carrying cash.
Considering all money is a social contract we collectively agree to, it doesn’t really matter what its supposedly “backed” by - what matters is we all maintain the collective accepted delusion that it has value and can be exchanged for goods and services.

Considering all money is a social contract we collectively agree to, it doesn’t really matter what its supposedly “backed” by - what matters is we all maintain the collective accepted delusion that it has value and can be exchanged for goods and services.
I agree. I hate having to go to the ATM simply because my cleaning lady won't use Zelle or Venmo.

Reactions: torbee

The "Gold Bugs" are oblivious to what the "gold standard" actually meant, back in the day; new finds meant rapid price fluctuations.

It's no longer sound money policy, for a metal that is used industrially in electronics.

5. Reverse ATMs.

6. FedNow

I'm not saying it's good or bad (and I don't think Nomi is either, just that it's coming). I'll probably start a poll to see if HROTers think digital currency is coming and if so is it a good or bad thing. Personally, I hate carrying cash.

skimmed the article. Classic flick bait front running gold fear mongering bullshit. These people are so ****ing annoying and feed off the weak minded.

As far as the digital currency goes. I don’t think it’s a matter of if, but when. The digital dollar is coming. Don’t think it will fully replace cash in our lifetimes though. I, however, applaud the fed and the governments effort to get out in front of this. China and several other countries that would love to undermine the dollar as the reserve currency have been working on their own version of a digital yuan or whatever it is for quite sometime. This is just another form of cash to make international and other trade more efficient. Nothing to be concerned about, imo.

skimmed the article. Classic flick bait front running gold fear mongering bullshit. These people are so ****ing annoying and feed off the weak minded.

As far as the digital currency goes. I don’t think it’s a matter of if, but when. The digital dollar is coming. Don’t think it will fully replace cash in our lifetimes though. I, however, applaud the fed and the governments effort to get out in front of this. China and several other countries that would love to undermine the dollar as the reserve currency have been working on their own version of a digital yuan or whatever it is for quite sometime. This is just another form of cash to make international and other trade more efficient. Nothing to be concerned about, imo.

Wish I would have read this far down before I loaded up on gold and silver.

Wish I would have read this far down before I loaded up on gold and silver.

‘Haha…. Gold and silver are still fun to own, imo. Maybe not as profitable as beanie babies, but an investment nonetheless. Wait. You didn’t sell your beanies to load up in silver and gold did you?

Reactions: pjhawk and Moral
Been seeing this stuff online pushing gold and warning of financial collapse since the late 90s. This gold bug stuff was literally the foundation of future internet conspiracy workings that later stuff descends from (long, overall complicated missives with a mish mash of sources and pulled stats then spun into ridiculous conclusions, but wrapped in the tones of an expert).

Not to say having some good is bad, just these narratives are always out there. Every. Single. Year.

‘Haha…. Gold and silver are still fun to own, imo. Maybe not as profitable as beanie babies, but an investment nonetheless. Wait. You didn’t sell your beanies to load up in silver and gold did you?

Don't you worry, I still have my beanies in the vault at the bank. It is my sure thing retirement plan.

I always get a kick out of the folks I know who talk about how they pulled all their money out of the markets and bought a bunch of gold for the end times that are coming….

Gold….an objectively rather worthless metal.

Might as well buy tons of salt and store that instead. At least you could consume it. I believe it was once used as a currency in the ancient world too…

I always get a kick out of the folks I know who talk about how they pulled all their money out of the markets and bought a bunch of gold for the end times that are coming….

Might as well buy tons of salt and store that instead. At least you could consume it. I believe it was once used as a currency in the ancient world too…
Tell them when the "end times" comes calling, skills will be the most valuable. The ability to hunt for and prepare food will be invaluable. Resources like guns, knives, axes, shovels, tools, etc. will be more valuable than gold, silver, etc.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Tell them when the "end times" comes calling, skills will be the most valuable. The ability to hunt for and prepare food will be invaluable. Resources like guns, knives, axes, shovels, tools, etc. will be more valuable than gold, silver, etc.
Exactly, though that’s a conversation I have tried to have before….it’s not worth it. Though if the social gathering seems a bit boring…it’s always nice to have in my back pocket to liven things up.

Worthless?

Gosh no.

Overpriced compared to what its value should realistically be. But it has loads of industrial/medical uses for which there are few substitutes. And used for jewelry for centuries due to its inertness/non-oxidizing/non-corroding properties.

There are similar rare-earths (platinum, palladium) but they are 30x rarer than gold

Worthless?

Gosh no.

Overpriced compared to what its value should realistically be. But it has loads of industrial/medical uses for which there are few substitutes. And used for jewelry for centuries due to its inertness/non-oxidizing/non-corroding properties.

There are similar rare-earths (platinum, palladium) but they are 30x rarer than gold
Ok, but the average person isn’t going to be able to use gold for any of those uses….so its value as a currency is a bit suspect….in a total economic collapse scenario

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT