ADVERTISEMENT

Shuffleboard tables

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Anyone have a rec for a dealer/manufacturer/brand in the Des Moines area? There is a massive range in pricing, and I am not sure it is necessarily correlated to quality. We are redoing the basement and want to get one down there, probably a 14 footer. TIA.

IJwHSjd.gif

Get one that's at least 14 and go larger if you can.
Dealing with some space constraints the way our foundation is poured. 14 feet is the max where I intend to put it, but it could be as long as 18 feet on another wall, but that would completely mess up the design and layout for everything else. I am thinking 14 feet will be good enough, although I have only ever played on a 22 footer.

Reactions: LunchBox50
I think you want 14’ for sure. I know my brother does those at around 5500k installed so I’m sure that’s around d what you’ll see local for anything good.

I think you want 14’ for sure. I know my brother does those at around 5500k installed so I’m sure that’s around d what you’ll see local for anything good.
That's about what I'm seeing, at the end of the day, if it is installed by the seller, give or take a grand.

Anyone have a rec for a dealer/manufacturer/brand in the Des Moines area? There is a massive range in pricing, and I am not sure it is necessarily correlated to quality. We are redoing the basement and want to get one down there, probably a 14 footer. TIA.
You planning on moving to the Villages? Maybe taking a senior cruise?

I was at a New Year's Eve party and a guy had one in his basement. It's the most fun I've had at a party playing a game. I knew after that night it was a matter of when, not if, I would get one.

I got one. It is awesome. Mine is only 12 foot though, but we still have a blast playing. Only piece of advise I would give you is have someone bring it in and set it up. I did mine and it was heavy AF. Wasn't hard to put together, just super heavy and awkward.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I love that one. My son isn't sure if he wants shuffle or foos, though.

From the activity and use at the facilities I own, I’d say shuffleboard (especially with the bowling pins) is probably the most used physical/nonelectric game followed by skee ball. You would think foosball would be heavily used but it frequently sits idle. So for the second one I didn’t even get a big foosball table I just got a couple small two person coffee tables that work great and do get occassional use. You can get those as cheap as $150 now and I got them for a $100 at Big Lots A couple of years ago.

Here is my rec for a 14 fter. Note that it has a 4.7 on 364 reviews and is only around $2k. There are definitely better versions out there but not for anywhere near the price, you’d probably have to go up to at least $5k to get better quality. And it comes in four finishes.

Looks like a great value. One of the knocks on it in the reviews was that the playing surface is a little narrow at 15”. Thoughts?

Looks like a great value. One of the knocks on it in the reviews was that the playing surface is a little narrow at 15”. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t worry about it. You’re already not getting an “official” table which is 22 feet long by 20 inches wide. But at 14 or 16 feet wide depending on which one you get and 15 inches wide it’s actually roughly proportional. If you had a 14 ft table and still had the 20 inches wide you’d have an easier table than the real deal. This one would have roughly the same degree of difficulty.

And at 15 inches you should be able to fit most of the aftermarket bowling pin sets that I highly encourage you to get.

I wouldn’t worry about it. You’re already not getting an “official” table which is 22 feet long by 20 inches wide. But at 14 or 16 feet wide depending on which one you get and 15 inches wide it’s actually roughly proportional. If you had a 14 ft table and still had the 20 inches wide you’d have an easier table than the real deal. This one would have roughly the same degree of difficulty.

And at 15 inches you should be able to fit most of the aftermarket bowling pin sets that I highly encourage you to get.
Thanks tribe, you always have good info.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
So right now I can’t see where you can get a foosball coffee table for under $300 dollars other than this one which does look cheap compared to the others. And currently only the white one is on sale with just two remaining when I type this so if you want it you’ll have to get it quick.

If you’re patient you can find the better quality ones cheaper later.

Here’s some other things I’d consider.

Cheap slingshot board

Cheapest and smallest skee ball table you should consider

If you trust or want to risk an order on Alibaba, they have a number of full size claw machines for a couple hundo as opposed to several thousand from an American company

Extra accessories like this gumball/candy/toy machine help tie everything together

Last edited:
How are your woodworking skills? I know a couple guys who have build their own. One of them is a carpenter and his turned out really nice. If you can’t build one yourself, perhaps you know someone who could help you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT