ADVERTISEMENT

Silly movie / tv plot devices

Precisely what made me think of it.
Idk if any here watches cinemasins or tv sins; but I always enjoy when they point out how some travel routes are impossible due to geography in the time given. Ferris bueller might be the most famous example; all the places in Chicago they visited in one day, in the order they visited them.

Reactions: lucas80
Idk if any here watches cinemasins or tv sins; but I always enjoy when they point out how some travel routes are impossible due to geography in the time given. Ferris bueller might be the most famous example; all the places in Chicago they visited in one day, in the order they visited them.
I enjoy SVU. When they say be there in 15. So they are across the street?

Reactions: sober_teacher
There's a lot of tailing of cars going on in movies, with an incredibly low success rate. Someone in the car being tailed will tell the other passenger that they are being tailed and which car it is. Not only have they spotted the tail but also the make of the car. "We're being tailed, 3 cars back, blue Ford" It's usually a Ford. Do people really know cars so well that they can tell what it is just by seeing the grill or headlights?
It’s not as easy as it used to be.

The massive conspiracy and cover up…
I flipped over from the Cubs game to Godzilla (2014), and there are thousands of soldiers and techs running around, but somehow it’s a secret that a giant monster is there feeding off of a nuclear reactor. That goes double for a Bond type villain secret lair.

I like when the bad guy gets a little bit of evidence shown to him in an interrogation room and suddenly admits to everything. 90% of the time they don't have a lawyer and when they do they keep talking against the lawyers advice.

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT