ADVERTISEMENT

Slightly off topic-Pat Harty

Airbhghater

Team MVP
Sep 3, 2012
Is there a whinier bitch than Pat? I got hooked on the podcast because of Don Patterson, and now I have time to listen out of season. Holy Shit all the guy does is whine. He’s pissed at Verizon because of a bill dispute, pissed at anyone who takes offense to his tweets, pissed at one of the regulars on the show for offering advice about all his conflicts. Anybody else listen to this and get a kick out of all his complaints? Oh and the kicker is he bitches about everything and then kept saying how much it doesn’t bother him and how he doesn’t care.

I have tried to listen to that podcast as well and between him and Suterman's lack of knowledge and lame commentary it's almost impossible. Usually turn it off after a while because it's either irrelevant, boring, or redundant. Hardy also complains when a caller interrupts him yet he is constantly and incessantly interrupting people on the show. Don't really have a problem with him tho

Is there a whinier bitch than Pat? I got hooked on the podcast because of Don Patterson, and now I have time to listen out of season. Holy Shit all the guy does is whine. He’s pissed at Verizon because of a bill dispute, pissed at anyone who takes offense to his tweets, pissed at one of the regulars on the show for offering advice about all his conflicts. Anybody else listen to this and get a kick out of all his complaints? Oh and the kicker is he bitches about everything and then kept saying how much it doesn’t bother him and how he doesn’t care.
Was this supposed to be ironic by accident?

I only listen Mondays after the Football game to get Don Patterson's insights.
Otherwise it sounds like I am listening to old man morning radio.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
I'm guessing he's bitter with how his profession (newspaper man) fell apart. I can imagine it's frustrating.

Reactions: rchawk
Quit listening he's an ahole.

I usually get a kick out of them but there’s occasions I have to turn it off.

The OP is on the money...Pat seems like he’s a little over sensitive....and then he often frames questions to the guests where he is basically just wanting them to say “you’re right” or “I agree Pat”, that said he has some good guests.....the other thing he does is frequently interrupt and not finish his own sentences...it’s actually kind of entertaining.

Reactions: Suterman
Suterman is on the program? Not in the area so I don’t listen to the program. Have had conversation with Suterman and he does know his stuff.

Reactions: Suterman
Everyone at that station is unbearable...Swipes at KGYM daily, their regular callers like idiot Dirk who claims to know everything about everything and that tool Southern Justin who they praise to the tilt. The owner of the station thinks his opinions about everything are the truth...Captain clueless lol

That Dirk is unbelievable at times consuming gobs of minutes with useless facts, silly trivia and asking about each teams schedule like he has never heard of google. The best was the other day when the Drake basketball player choose Minnesota after entering the transfer portal. Dirk was shocked by this and could not comprehend the connection and reason for this guy choosing Minnesota even though Pat told him at least three times the kids uncle is a top assistant on Pitino’s staff. What part of family connection do you not get but he kept trying to understand why.

Everyone at that station is unbearable...Swipes at KGYM daily, their regular callers like idiot Dirk who claims to know everything about everything and that tool Southern Justin who they praise to the tilt. The owner of the station thinks his opinions about everything are the truth...Captain clueless lol

They also do a great job of supporting local business, provide local sports and are locally owned. Better than the iHeartRadio choices

I guess I should have also mentioned that I actually find the show pretty entertaining. It’s just that Harty seems like he is so over sensitive to everything, knows it, and wants to overcome it by trying to tell everyone he isn’t bothered by anything. I didn’t realize the gym class was a rival. Thought it was a show on their own station. Harty also loves to take shots at basically every other hawk reporter. Talks about how the others will do shoddy reporting, while he will make sure to do his due diligence.

Reactions: perryhawk
I guess I should have also mentioned that I actually find the show pretty entertaining. It’s just that Harty seems like he is so over sensitive to everything, knows it, and wants to overcome it by trying to tell everyone he isn’t bothered by anything. I didn’t realize the gym class was a rival. Thought it was a show on their own station. Harty also loves to take shots at basically every other hawk reporter. Talks about how the others will do shoddy reporting, while he will make sure to do his due diligence.
Is that why he lost his job at The Depressed Citizen?

I normally enjoy the show but I pulled that episode up today at work and I had to shut it off at the 29 minute mark. Tough listen. I encourage people to listen to other episodes and make their decision.

Yeah, I have to admit Harty spends a lot of time letting many, many people get under his skin. He especially lets people on Twitter get to him … Life is short … Enjoy it …

Last edited:
What was it that he screwed up on somewhat recently on Twitter....came off like a bad TMZ deal and he had to competely backrack the false information he "leaked"?

Thanks to those who listen. I am glad many of you enjoy the program. I also agree that Donnie Patterson is fantastic and the best part of the program.

Regular listener and I very much enjoy the show and mix of personalities. There’s lots of good info nuggets and some good humor. Like some of the callers and even if Dirk drives me crazy at times, he’s a great fellow Hawk fan.

I love the All Hawkeyes podcast! I suggest those that don't just quit listening, and quit your bitching. They're doing their best considering that there's not much sports to talk about right now and Harty's done a nice job of getting guests on recently that were top notch (Steve Stone and one of Coach Miller's former assistants, etc.)

Lots of good sports talk, Don Patterson's Monday's game analysis (who knows more about football than all of the HR posters combined), Adam Haluska's Iowa basketball analysis, snarky political jabs, musings on old rock bands and G.G. Allen, Dog, LOG-D, Fake Dirk, Ackerman, Fake Ackerman, Suterman (maybe they need a Fake @Suterman too?) and my main man Captain Steve taking naps behind the control board.

What's not to like?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT