ADVERTISEMENT

So does UNI’s Jacobson become a B10 Coach next season?

Will he be approached about the UWashington bb coaching job...by his old boss and current UWashington AD Troy Dannen? And if approached, would he say yes?
A few years ago, Jacobson was one hot commodity but chose to stay in Cedar Falls...might he make a change now? He could still visit his Iowa friends occasionally...
Jacobson no longer has the freedom to move about the country. He is now stuck in Cedar Falls.

Jacobson no longer has the freedom to move about the country. He is now stuck in Cedar Falls.
ADs reportedly alwYs carry a “short list” of coaches, “just in case”.....I’d think Jacobson would be in Dannen’s coat pocket....he’s a damn good coach and they know each other from a previous work relationship.

Jacobson has been good for UNI but there are these moments
-Biggest choke job in ncaa history
-Largest lead ever lost in MVC championship game
-Only one seed to lose to eight seed in MVC.

Jacobson has been good for UNI but there are these moments
-Biggest choke job in ncaa history
-Largest lead ever lost in MVC championship game
-Only one seed to lose to eight seed in MVC.
Yep....but look a little harder and there is plenty of successes too...

Lute won a lot of games at Iowa and a NT at Az...but I could list tons of “failures” he experienced at both Iowa and Az...comes with coaching.

He probably wouldn’t be a serious candidate for that high of a job… but would he do better with the full backing of a BIG level institution? UNI and Cedar Falls has an ok following, but they have no deep pockets or large TV contracts or modern facilities to keep up with the rest of college basketball.

Lute Olsen had a .500 or below conference record four times in 35 seasons as a head coach.

Jacobsen had a .500 or below conference record eight times in 18 seasons as a head coach.
Yeah I believe he’s a good coach. I am not sure he’s best at roster building. I would expect if any AD came to him they would need to have someone in mind to pair with him to make up for some of his weaknesses. He brings in some decent talent with tiny amount of resources but overall their teams don’t seem to fit all that well together.

But idk I see Ben wanted out of the Midwest.

If he’s ever going to go it should be soon. The guy can coach. Cedar Falls is a really tough place to recruit to. Obviously would need a recruiting guy with him at another level but he’s a damn good coach.

No, it's a pretty poorly kept secret that Danny Sprinkle from Utah State will be hired there once their season is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT