ADVERTISEMENT

So, he has a damaged ear, small hands and bone spurs in his feet. Does that dis-qualify him?

bad dancer

trump-trump-dance.gif

What disqualifies him is his attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Forget about his pathetic role in the Jan 6th insurrection, more important was his fake elector scheme in seven states where he tried to nullify the votes of 13.4 million who voted for Biden!

I am really disappointed how much liberals are making light of this assassination attempt. Yes, it turned out just to be an ear wound, but the fact remains an actual attempt to kill Trump was made.

What if the shooter had hit his mark?
Complete chaos in small towns all across Iowa.
I kid but I think there is some truth to that only on a larger scale.
Things might be completely different today.

Complete chaos in small towns all across Iowa.
I kid but I think there is some truth to that only on a larger scale.
Things might be completely different today.
Joe Biden and Democrats would have been blamed and there would be riots and absolute chaos.

Complete anarchy.

I consider myself liberal on most issues and I’m not celebrating if that happened. I’d be even more sad for our future as a country.
I didn't mean to imply all, I meant to imply the group that are minimizing the shit out of it.

Which also happen to be some of thr most frequent "J6"posters, fwiw.

I am really disappointed how much liberals are making light of this assassination attempt. Yes, it turned out just to be an ear wound, but the fact remains an actual attempt to kill Trump was made.

If the shooter hits his mark...after a short term chaos...MAGA disappears.

I didn't mean to imply all, I meant to imply the group that are minimizing the shit out of it.

I get what ya meant just saying not every non Trump fan thinks him dying a violent public death would be good for this country.
I’ve lurked here for a while and seen skirmishes you’ve had with people that might pop a cork so I see your frustration and theirs as you go back and forth.

Shouldn't we follow Trump's own advice about shootings at a time like this and "get over it"?

I have been mostly lurking since Saturday night refusing to engage in these discussions. I would hope that we could at least agree on one thing, that "we're better than this", better than attempted murder on a presidential candidate. Perhaps it could help serve as an example of just how off the rails the current political climate is and that we need to take a breath and calm down. It sure isn't happening here and I think we have plenty of smart/educated people that participate on this board.

My life isn't going to be affected that much one way or the other by a focking presidential election. It's a shame most people don't realize they're in the same boat. If you can't have a rational conversation and ultimately agree to disagree, perhaps it's time to go back to the kiddie table.

I am not a Trump fan, but I am really glad the shooter missed his mark. The fallout would have been terrible and perhaps irreversible.

If the shooter had hit his mark, we'd be seeing a massive number of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

I have been mostly lurking since Saturday night refusing to engage in these discussions. I would hope that we could at least agree on one thing, that "we're better than this", better than attempted murder on a presidential candidate. Perhaps it could help serve as an example of just how off the rails the current political climate is and that we need to take a breath and calm down. It sure isn't happening here and I think we have plenty of smart/educated people that participate on this board.

My life isn't going to be affected that much one way or the other by a focking presidential election. It's a shame most people don't realize they're in the same boat. If you can't have a rational conversation and ultimately agree to disagree, perhaps it's time to go back to the kiddie table.

I am not a Trump fan, but I am really glad the shooter missed his mark. The fallout would have been terrible and perhaps irreversible.

I don't know what blind view you have of America but we're not "better than this". I can't believe people are now realizing this. I knew we weren't when people were denying that elementary kids were shot and killed. When a sitting president and followers tried to overturn an election. When a group of people only provide T&P for shootings. it's a joke to think this country is "better than this".

I do not understand why you see that as hypocritical.

The loudest opponents to J6 believe that Trump is a legitimate threat to democracy and the United States. People who truly believe that see the loss of Trump as a great thing for the country… akin to the hypothetical kill Hitler as a kid debate.

I’m not sure we have ever had a (potential) POTUS where such a thing is up for actual intellectual debate. I’m not surprised people don’t know how to address it.

Reactions: TheCainer and SB_SB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT