ADVERTISEMENT

So no cabinet meetings the last 9 months

Totally fine. Cabinet meetings are for pr. Personal comms with secretaries are where business gets done
I disagree because I believe Cabinet Meetings are instructive for all of the members. They’re updated on what everyone is doing, understanding what the Administration is doing in the big picture and demonstrating a commitment to the job.
This is regardless of who is in office. As a citizen and a taxpayer I have an interest and an expectation of accountability and performance.

I disagree because I believe Cabinet Meetings are instructive for all of the members. They’re updated on what everyone is doing, understanding what the Administration is doing in the big picture and demonstrating a commitment to the job.
This is regardless of who is in office. As a citizen and a taxpayer I have an interest and an expectation of accountability and performance.
Everything in life is about expectations.

If you have an expectation of accountability and performance from politicians and their appointees, you are going to always be disappointed. We had DeVos in the last administration, and numerous cabinet members and other department appointees in the administration whom aren't truly serious about anything except pushing green energy policy. Tens of billions of dollars have been spent on infrastructure projects with little or no tangible results.

And then there's Mayorkas....

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Stop making sense.

We've been assured Joe doesn't need to actually do anything, that's what his staff is for. Soooooo, his staff has been meeting with the cabinet members, right?

Paul Rudd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Seems reasonable to expect that.

Frankly, with the war in Ukraine and the conflict in Israel, I'm more interested in Joe's meetings with the Commander in Chief.... ummmmm.... chief of staff.... ummmm.... (maybe the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs?).

My understanding is that previous Presidents, including Obama, have held cabinet meetings at least a couple times a month.

So now we hear that Biden hasn’t held a full cabinet meeting in about 9 months. And even when he was still holding meetings, they evidently were tightly scripted and didn’t allow for a free exchange of ideas.

This information seems significant for at least one reason - prior to the debate and especially in the aftermath of the Hur Report, administration officials were adamant that in meetings behind closed doors he was sharp and focused and on top of his game. That’s a lot easier if the meeting is scripted.

My understanding is that previous Presidents, including Obama, have held cabinet meetings at least a couple times a month.

So now we hear that Biden hasn’t held a full cabinet meeting in about 9 months. And even when he was still holding meetings, they evidently were tightly scripted and didn’t allow for a free exchange of ideas.

This information seems significant for at least one reason - prior to the debate and especially in the aftermath of the Hur Report, administration officials were adamant that in meetings behind closed doors he was sharp and focused and on top of his game. That’s a lot easier if the meeting is scripted.

"Cabinet meetings in the United States are typically held on a regular basis, often weekly or biweekly, depending on the needs and priorities of the administration. The frequency can vary based on the urgency of issues, upcoming decisions, or crises requiring coordinated action among federal departments and agencies. The President sets the schedule and may also convene special or emergency meetings as necessary."

Per Tom, Huey and Chis…Biden assembled the strongest team in the history of presidents
I didn’t say that but I do know they’re professionals and none of them are felons. You like criminals running the government.

Frankly, with the war in Ukraine and the conflict in Israel, I'm more interested in Joe's meetings with the Commander in Chief.... ummmmm.... chief of staff.... ummmm.... (maybe the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs?).
Some old dude in a uniform with lots of ribbon and star stuff on it - whose wife excelled at military politics and remembering names and how many olives people like in their martini shows up and Biden sits there and listens?

Not what we're being told by Biden defenders. His staff handles everything and they're doing a fantastic job. We don't even need a Commander in Chief...it's just a lame a$$ title of zero importance.
Has anyone here witnessed Anita Dunn being interviewed? She has a strange tic where she can’t control her tongue and it keeps darting out during interviews. (I’m serious here)

Some old dude in a uniform with lots of ribbon and star stuff on it - whose wife excelled at military politics and remembering names and how many olives people like in their martini shows up and Biden sits there and listens?
I was actually referring to a Biden gaffe from last night.

"And so our military is working on following the advice of my commander in chief my, my, my, the chiefs of staff, of the military as well as the secretary of defense and our intelligence people."

I was actually referring to a Biden gaffe from last night.

"And so our military is working on following the advice of my commander in chief my, my, my, the chiefs of staff, of the military as well as the secretary of defense and our intelligence people."
Gotcha. I’ve lost count of said “gaffes”.

She’s the one with the speech issue? Maybe she and Joe have something in common.
And?

Come on goldie. It's one thing to recognize Joe's limitations due to his increasing cognitive decline, it's a completely different thing to criticize or make fun of his stutter or Anita's possible lisp/speech impediment.

One of the mechanics at my shop, Stephanie, actually has a severe stutter. I remember the first time I got to talk to her, she couldn't even tell me her name. She typically stays in the garage bays, but on this particular day I happened to catch her bringing my Jeep around and stopped her to ask some questions. It broke my heart to watch her struggle so badly. I can't imagine how hard her life's been with such a severe disability...I imagine working on Jeeps all day just gives her some peace and the guys in that shop look out for her like a little sister.

/csb

And?

Come on goldie. It's one thing to recognize Joe's limitations due to his increasing cognitive decline, it's a completely different thing to criticize or make fun of his stutter or Anita's possible lisp/speech impediment.

One of the mechanics at my shop, Stephanie, actually has a severe stutter. I remember the first time I got to talk to her, she couldn't even tell me her name. She typically stays in the garage bays, but on this particular day I happened to catch her bringing my Jeep around and stopped her to ask some questions. It broke my heart to watch her struggle so badly. I can't imagine how hard her life's been with such a severe disability...I imagine working on Jeeps all day just gives her some peace and the guys in that shop look out for her like a little sister.

/csb
At ease little fella.
I first saw Anita on the Sunday talk shows as an aspiring acolyte for Obama and she had a noticeably nervous habit of darting her tongue while waiting to speak.
In no way do I mean to disparage those who have speech disorders. Save your angst.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

Do you think Trump would allow a free exchange of ideas?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT