ADVERTISEMENT

So what's up with the RNC wanting to declare Trump the presumed Nominee?

Huey Grey

HR King
Jan 15, 2013
They're trying to do it right now. Officially make him the presumed nominee before anymore primaries. I mean it's their party. They can do what they want. But it's weird listening to them bitch about the Dems and Hillary and Bernie for the last 8 years then turn right around and do something even worse.

It turns out that the Mango Messiah is a weak candidate. Turnout was low in Iowa and his wining percentage in NH was lower than GHWB’s 1992 margin of victory.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Perhaps bc Nikki is his only "competition" and she's down over 50 points in her home state, lost the last two states, amd by her own actions isn't even on the Nevada ticket for starters. Stay mad. Even dems flipping to vote for Nikki (which is a gross thing to do, but dems will be dems) in advance of the primary isn't going to work.

They're trying to do it right now. Officially make him the presumed nominee before anymore primaries. I mean it's their party. They can do what they want. But it's weird listening to them bitch about the Dems and Hillary and Bernie for the last 8 years then turn right around and do something even worse.
I think there is something to be said for having the one guy so they don't try to make the eventual nominee look bad against the other party's foe. Don't give them any ammunition.

I think the RNC is trying to save Trump some campaign expenditures by ending the race early.

Several PACs, including the Koch Bros have stated they're putting $$$ into what they perceive are winnable Senate races.
Then again, maybe DeSantis can get Florida taxpayers to fund DJT?

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Remember when the dnc shit on Bernie Sanders in favor of Hillary despite him being up on her at the time? Much worse than what the rnc is doing now lol

I see that Trump isn't running any ads in South Carolina. Is he done with the primary?

I had a theory this was actually an anti-Trump move: Declare him the nominee to rile up voters to vote “No, WE still get to decide, and it’s Haley just to annoy you!”.

But then I read it was Trump that called for this (which could still backfire on him in the way I describe, I suppose).

It's a shrewd move to protect Trump from himself and his lack of campaign discipline. His personal attacks against Nikki Haley -- with overt misogyny because he simply cannot handle competing with a woman -- will cost him with the independent/lean right suburban voters. So, unless he can get even more uneducated voters and Boomers to turn up and vote than he did in 2016 -- Haley may unintentionally cost him the presidency again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT