ADVERTISEMENT

So, who will land TJ Power? He Visited IOWA a 2nd Time (Unofficially) in June

I agree with this, Fran is never going to get a player from the portal to start over a player Fran recruited from high school and started the year before.
If Iowa is in need of a player to fill a starting position then a player like Rebraca is likely going to come from the portal. As I've said in another thread, Iowa could lose from 1 player (Krikke) or up to 5 players, and anywhere in between, Krikke, Patrick, Perkins, Bowen, and Payton Sanford.
Will that happen, probably not. but there could be room for Fran to grab a player to help next year or the roster could be completely full next year with the addition of the 2 incoming recruits and Tony and Patrick return.
So between you and MoHawkeye, you wouldn't (or Fran wouldn't) bring in a stud PG to play ahead of Bowen & Harding? I disagree. There are ways to make room for the right player.

So between you and MoHawkeye, you wouldn't (or Fran wouldn't) bring in a stud PG to play ahead of Bowen & Harding? I disagree. There are ways to make room for the right player.
I’ve said if Perkins transfers I’d go after a combo guard. If he doesn’t, I think they’d have a tough time getting a “stud” PG to come in.

Reactions: LukaDuka
If Tony and Bowen both come back, I doubt that Fran will make any effort to get a guard in the portal. We should do whatever we can do to convince Tony to return, because Fran won't find a better guard in the portal.

That said, if Tony or Bowen leave, I agree that Fran should try to get the best guard willing to come, preferably a PG, but at least a combo guard.

McCaffery ought to pursue any top quality player he can get from the portal, no matter what position he plays. You can never have too much talent.

Reactions: LukaDuka
McCaffery ought to pursue any top quality player he can get from the portal, no matter what position he plays. You can never have too much talent.
Don't completely disagree, but Iowa is looking really strong at 3/4, so it would have to be a GREAT player.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT