ADVERTISEMENT

So Why Do You Think Hogan Came in?

boxahawks

HR All-State
Apr 15, 2006
1. An attempt to embarrass Iowa if he does well?
2. Recognizing they weren't going to win so don't let the other qb do any more damage?
3. Reward Hogan for working for the team all year?
4. Response to Iowa using LaPorta as qb?

I didn't like it, and suspect that's why the offense tried so hard to score again in the final minutes of the game.

2. Recognizing they weren't going to win so don't let the other qb do any more damage?

I didn't like it, and suspect that's why the offense tried so hard to score again in the final minutes of the game.
I actually didn’t read too much in to it given that Wade was very unremarkable for the entire game…

Combination of 2 and 3.

I do find it funny that he benched his first pass into the Iowa sideline, almost as if he was aiming for KF.

You're overthinking it. Their starter was shell-shocked, bring in the next guy.

If Kentucky is up 2 TDs late and they bring him in on a gimmick play to throw an unnecessary TD pass...then you might have something.

KFz playing LaPorta at QB was a reward to Sam for sticking with the team and playing in the bowl game. Nothing more.

Kentucky couldn’t have cared less about LaPorta being in at qb. We basically handed them the ball back with running 1 min off the clock. I’m sure Kirk and Mark will both have a chuckle over a bourbon someday about both LaPorta and Hogan playing today. But it is what the landscape of cf is with opt outs and transfers.

From a UK fans perspective. We had 3 backup quarterbacks on our roster this year (none of which appear to be very good) . Sheron got a start against South Carolina when our starter was injured (didn’t look that great) , Wade got the start today (didn’t look that great ), so I think they just put Hogan in because he was the only one left that hadn’t had a chance.

Stoops wanted to show he could get on the bus and play Deuce.

You're overthinking it. Their starter was shell-shocked, bring in the next guy.

If Kentucky is up 2 TDs late and they bring him in on a gimmick play to throw an unnecessary TD pass...then you might have something.

KFz playing LaPorta at QB was a reward to Sam for sticking with the team and playing in the bowl game. Nothing more.
That was my thought exactly. I think Sam probably off the cuff said, give me a series at qb and I'm in. Kirk laughed and said, done.

Combination of 2 and 3.

I do find it funny that he benched his first pass into the Iowa sideline, almost as if he was aiming for KF.

Agree and number 4 was just stupid for Louis to be upset about. If anyone knows anything about how Iowa’s offense runs would know they weren’t trying to embarrass anyone (other than themselves maybe).

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
There are some that were wondering if you guys throwing at the end of the game had anything to do with us playing Hogan ? I thought you were just trying to reward receivers and have absolutely no problem with it . I doubt your staff cared about losing him . It’s not like he was the heir apparent or anything.lol .

Kentucky couldn’t have cared less about LaPorta being in at qb. We basically handed them the ball back with running 1 min off the clock. I’m sure Kirk and Mark will both have a chuckle over a bourbon someday about both LaPorta and Hogan playing today. But it is what the landscape of cf is with opt outs and transfers.
Truthfully (coming from a UK fan) , I thought it was ridiculous for the announcer to even bring that up .

Idk, but in limited action, he looked better than their starter
Yep… a lot of us on the UK board were clamoring for a QB change BEFORE halftime. When Wade threw that second pick-six right before the half the game was over.

There are some theories as why Wade played so deep into the game when he was clearly ineffective but I’ll save that for now.

It’s a small data set and you have to take into account the status of the game at the time he came in, but I thought Hogan played better than Wade.

To answer the original question:

It was the who gives a crap Music City Bowl, pretty much the entire starting lineup for Kentucky wasn't there, Iowa had a tight end play QB, and it's the Music City Bowl so why the hell not?

• Haha
Reactions: Front7 and yoshukai
I think it's because coaches with brains put in their backups when the outcome is decided so they get rewarded with playing time and game experience.
Like coaches should.
Exactly, and that's all it was. A group of prima dramas on here.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez

To play football. I seriously doubt there was the drama some may want🙂

Soooooo ....

Kentucky was pissed because Iowa ran the Wildcat with a TE? So, they brought in Deuce?

And, Iowa was pissed that they brought in Deuce so they tried to score again?

🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:
I wish we would have tried to score all year!

It appeared to me that Duece was happy to see his old teammates. Seemed pretty happy when giving handshakes.
I'll assume it was Stoops being nice to Deuce. I'm happy he got a chance.
Duece was one of the last wildcats off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT