ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer team changes uniforms to help players feel comfortable on their periods

Kind of expected possibly a hitching post to secure their tampons.

I could see one flying during a bicycle kick and putting out an eye.

Slightly off topic but I honestly don't know how women could play sports at the highest level while on their period. Every woman that I've known and been around has had extremely low energy for at least one or two days of their period usually along with several other symptoms that leaves them feeling uncomfortable.

These women get that and then go run around the pitch for 90 minutes plus stoppage.

Slightly off topic but I honestly don't know how women could play sports at the highest level while on their period. Every woman that I've known and been around has had extremely low energy for at least one or two days of their period usually along with several other symptoms that leaves them feeling uncomfortable.

These women get that and then go run around the pitch for 90 minutes plus stoppage.
I'm not a gyno but it's my understanding that often women who are extremely active lose their periods altogether. I remember girls cross country runners talking about that when I was in high school, which was both fascinating and disturbing.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm not a gyno but it's my understanding that often women who are extremely active lose their periods altogether. I remember girls cross country runners talking about that when I was in high school, which was both fascinating and disturbing.

I can believe that. That said some of them are obviously still getting them which is why the team is changing it's uniform.

That said I could also see where women who are in great physical shape may have reduced symptoms.

This is very, very common.

Seems very reasonable.

May I also recommend we give black pants to hyper partisans who shit their pants every time completely minor things in this world trigger them?
lol-spit-take.gif

Reactions: torbee
He makes a posting without any obvious political angle and laughs as everyone falls all over themselves trying to figure out his angle.

Nha Trang Fish GIF by world-weather.ru

And the second post by @Hawki97 mentions being triggered. Based on his response and numerous others posts that followed, it's pretty obvious who got triggered in this thread. Funny stuff.

It’s not trolling if everyone knows what you’re doing. Ihhawk did the same thing.

IHHawk was actually better at it because it wasn’t as predictable. He was a nut bag…but I found him to be somewhat amusing because of it. He’d put himself out there. Northern’s game is fine - but just lacks real originality and is kind of a one trick pony.

I’d like to know what Trad heard on NPR about this subject before I pass judgement.

Why would there be division due to this story?

Not sure. Maybe you should ask @Hawki97 who reacted to the story by invoking the term "hyper partisans". That or you could ask the 28 other posters that liked that post.

I don't see anything political about the story.

You mean the post where the poster said the change seemed reasonable and then made fun of a poster triggered by a benign story…interesting

What exactly in the original post indicates that the OP was "triggered"? The first post literally just contains an article. That's it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT