ADVERTISEMENT

Some National Love for Cooper DeJean

As incredible of a player as he is, his demeanor might be my favorite part. His demeanor reminds me a ton of Barry Sanders. Humble as can be - silent assassin!

Reactions: dean_oliver222
He will go pro after next year I assume. Going to be fun watching him and X play together a year, how many pick 6s can they rack up?

The kids a special talent, that’s for sure. I think he’s Iowa’s next BT DB of the year. We need to get that title back. Hell he could be DB and PR of the year.

I really truly do feel deep down inside that in an earlier era (during single platoon) he would be almost a Nile Knnick clone. he, like Kinnick, can do it all

but with the way things are nowadays with dual platoon, it is really almost impossible to play both ways

Reactions: dean_oliver222
I really truly do feel deep down inside that in an earlier era (during single platoon) he would be almost a Nile Knnick clone. he, like Kinnick, can do it all

but with the way things are nowadays with dual platoon, it is really almost impossible to play both ways
That would tire a person out.

Reactions: Bishop1971
He's a lot like Tyler Sash (great multi sport athlete in HS) but even more athletic. He'd probably be even better at the CASH, but understand why they moved him to CB last year. He's special and fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the article.

I think it was Scott Dochterman who said Cooper is built like Tyler Sash but moves like Micah Hyde. Great description.

I think it was Scott Dochterman who said Cooper is built like Tyler Sash but moves like Micah Hyde. Great description.
Both Hyde and DeJean had uncanny football IQs ... potentially reflective of their background as smart and successful QBs.

Phil has himself mentioned how the best prior comp to DeJean is likely Hyde.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT