ADVERTISEMENT

Some perspective

wcbtee

HR All-American
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2002
Prior to the start of the season, after the Wisconsin loss, today & frankly in between. I have not considered this to anywhere close to a Top Ten team. Doubts about our Wr’s, lb’s and our O-line were too significant. I thought 9 wins, dare to dream 10 and a great bowl game destination were our max. Yes what could have been still nags at me.

Today I look at this as a solid team, but still one with significant holes. Our Qb although improving, still needs another year to work on his touch. When he is not under significant pressure, he plays very well, he will continue to grow, I am very excited to see his performance next year.

Wr’s still need an upgrade, but we are better this year, with another year of experience ISM, B Smith, Hockenson will be even better targets. Hopefully, Tracey and another player are two step up, or come aboard, we need to continue to add talent.

With the return of Jackson, Banwart, Wirfs, Kallenberger, Paulsen’s we have a solid experienced core, it will be interesting to see if we have a surprise starter.

I wasn’t sold on the offense, or the play calling at the start of the season, but I am much more optimistic heading into 2019. The progress on all fronts is evident, albeit with some occasional missteps.

D-line looks ok against to tier lines & unstoppable against everyone else. Barring anyone coming out early it should rock solid next year.

The idea of Colbert, Welch, Nieman starting brings a smile to my face.

Any combination of Brents, Moss, OJ, Hankins, Johnson, Merriweather, Stone, Hooker that Phil chooses will be top notch.

Let’s enjoy this year, here’s hoping to 10 wins and a great bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News