ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, Trump. The MAGA Republicans in Nebraska tried.

It's freakish this push got even this far. I can't emphasize enough that the Rs saw Trump fading in the polls and decided to try changing how the votes were counted to try making up for him being down.

Face it, folks. This is just about as un American as you can possibly get. It also lends all kinds of credence to the worry that Republicans will simply change the laws if Trump does lose to declare him the winner anyway. Not sure how we have a country with one side willing to do this?

It's freakish this push got even this far. I can't emphasize enough that the Rs saw Trump fading in the polls and decided to try changing how the votes were counted to try making up for him being down.

Face it, folks. This is just about as un American as you can possibly get. It also lends all kinds of credence to the worry that Republicans will simply change the laws if Trump does lose to declare him the winner anyway. Not sure how we have a country with one side willing to do this?
By the way, good job to the Republicans in Nebraska that stood up to this. If only the rest of the party would learn from their example.

Yeah, this is pretty ****ed up. I’m being serious here: it’s one thing to whine about an election and blame Russian disinformation; it’s another thing to try to stack the deck through the courts and legislation to circumvent democracy.

By the way, good job to the Republicans in Nebraska that stood up to this. If only the rest of the party would learn from their example.
The split has only been around since 1996 so it's not it's some time honored tradition.

Didn't the Democrats ram this thru when they had control of the Unicameral and the governorship the one time in like 80 years.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Kind of like installing a person who hasn't won a single vote or primary? Nobody in Nebraska is voting.
I'm sure you know this but it doesn't really matter bc half of caucuses and primaries are just people standing in a group at their town hall. There's no official records. All that matters is the delegates representing them cast their votes, which they did at the DNC.

Only 1 person that no one even remembers primaried against Biden and Biden endorsed Kamala. It only makes sense that the delegates would also cast their votes for her.

But like I said, you probably knew that. Maybe you didn't. I donno. No one cares about the whole no vote or primary thing.

Reactions: funksouljon
Trump keeps saying we don't need votes we have the votes we need to safeguard the votes. What does this mean to you?

Then change the rules to try this before the election. To try changing the rules after people are already voting is a full assault on our democracy.
Nebraska Republicans have tried to change it every year for the past 16 years. Democrats filibustered it every single time.

And Nebraska hasn’t started voting yet.

Yeah, this is pretty ****ed up. I’m being serious here: it’s one thing to whine about an election and blame Russian disinformation; it’s another thing to try to stack the deck through the courts and legislation to circumvent democracy.
It really is a tell on how dire the GOP actually thinks their chances are for this election cycle. In fact, they've been foreshadowing these things since the summer so it seems like they never thought they actually had a chance to win this thing.

Lol....you must be exhausted from mental gymnastics you go through to sleep at night knowing you're a piece of shit human. Hey dude, it's much easier to just not be a piece of shit human
Why you mad bro…you hate facts.

Nebraska Republicans have tried to change it every year for the past 16 years. Democrats filibustered it every single time.

And Nebraska hasn’t started voting yet.
You keep repeating that but it just isn't true. It seldom ever makes it out of committee. It did pass once but was vetoed by the Democrat Governor.
Nebraska had a Democrat as Governor for 20 out of 28 years between 1971-1999.

Even Congressman Don Bacon would rather see every state follow Nebraska's lead. He does credit it for hurting his reelection bid because of the $6,000,000 Harris has spent in Nebraska. Trump hasn't spent a dime. His reelection chances were taking a hit anyway simply because of the abortion bill that we were forced in to by the restrictions the Republicans pushed on us.

There would be no reason for a Presidential candidate to spend any time in Nebraska if not for our system.

You keep repeating that but it just isn't true. It seldom ever makes it out of committee.
It most definitely is true. Republicans have tried repeatedly to change the policy ever since Obama won the blue dot in 2008. For many years, Ernie Chambers made blocking their efforts his raison d'etre.

Kind of like installing a person who hasn't won a single vote or primary? Nobody in Nebraska is voting.

Dumb. . . the guy that won all the votes dropped out. You can't force someone to run for president and you can't re-do the primaries either. So the Dems did what most parties do in these situations. They made their VP nominee their presidential nominee.

Quite frankly primaries are stupid. No other country that I'm aware of selects it's nominees through state sanctioned primaries.

Reactions: nelly02
Omaha is blue. Scares the MAGAs. What if the Dems could get electoral votes out of Texas?
Good point. Take any Red State with a Blue region and do the same.

How About Mississippi North turn Johnson County into it's own Electoral Vote???

It most definitely is true. Republicans have tried repeatedly to change the policy ever since Obama won the blue dot in 2008. For many years, Ernie Chambers made blocking their efforts his raison d'etre.

Yes, they have repeatedly tried and it has never made it to law. It was vetoed by the Governor once, it has failed to get pasted the Filibuster and it has died in committee. It is not filibustered every year. They could always put it before the people if they want and let them vote it up or down. Changing it would mean there is never a need to campaign in Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT