ADVERTISEMENT

SOTU opinion no one asked for

LuciousBDragon

HR Legend
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2017
The American Southwest
First, not a Biden nor a Trump fan.

But, I agree the war in Ukraine is vital for US and our allies’ interests. And I agree we are at an inflection point generationally which coincides with an important election.

I totally understand the SOTU is kabuki theater for the media to serve up slop to their viewers (on both sides)…so my expectations were already very low.

All that said, I think Biden missed a real golden opportunity last night by not expounding on Ukraine / Russia and properly laying it all out for the American people. He spent more time on IVF and ribbing the Republicans than talking about WHY we need success in Eastern Europe.

It could have been Biden’s “city on a hill” moment. Instead, Ukraine felt more like a bullet point in an obvious campaign speech.

Missed opportunity. That is all. CSB & my mom is hungry & waiting.

Last edited:
Ukraine is vital for US interests.....

Why?
Yeah I don’t get it either. Why do we need to be sending them all sorts of weapons to stop Putin. Pretty sure if we wanted to stop Putin, we could. Instead Biden is pussy footing around.

Yeah I don’t get it either. Why do we need to be sending them all sorts of weapons to stop Putin. Pretty sure if we wanted to stop Putin, we could. Instead Biden is pussy footing around.
Confirms my point, many Americans do not know the “why” in this situation.

Those on the left, especially younger generation think it’s just all about peace and stuff.

Those on the right believe it’s not worth the cost.

I disagree with both, Russia will become empowered by holding the Ukraine and will not stop / cannot stop there. Moldova, Romania, Baltic states would be next on their plate. It’s all about Putin believing Russia must secure a strategic foothold against the west/NATO and those areas are the exact geography necessary to do it.

Ukraine is also the breadbasket for a dying Russia. It’s their best hope to have the resources to carry on. Make no mistake, the Ukraine was the most important piece of land in the former Soviet Union. Putin doesn’t want it back, he NEEDS it back.

Lastly, a new axis has formed against the west. That axis is more dangerous when Russia is healthy. This is also about Iran and China.

Biden missed a chance to present the case last night.

Ukraine is vital for US interests.....

Why?
Because Putin will not stop with Ukraine. Ukraine is a bulkhead against further Russian military aggression. Ukraine is also like a bug zapper for the Russian military. Every tank, plane, ship, artillery, APV, and troop destroyed is one that cannot be used to invade another country. Also, it serves as notice to China that Western weapons, technology, and resolve have been tested and prevailed, and it better watch itself with Taiwan and other islands.

Confirms my point, many Americans do not know the “why” in this situation.

Those on the left, especially younger generation think it’s just all about peace and stuff.

Those on the right believe it’s not worth the cost.

I disagree with both, Russia will become empowered by holding the Ukraine and will not stop / cannot stop there. Moldova, Romania, Baltic states would be next on their plate. It’s all about Putin believing Russia must secure a strategic foothold against the west/NATO and those areas are the exact geography necessary to do it.

Ukraine is also the breadbasket for a dying Russia. It’s their best hope to have the resources to carry on. Make no mistake, the Ukraine was the most important piece of land in the former Soviet Union. Putin doesn’t want it back, he NEEDS it back.

Lastly, a new axis has formed against the west. That axis is more dangerous when Russia is healthy. This is also about Iran and China.

Biden missed a chance to present the case last night.
Which is why I said just stop Putin and stop pussy footing around.

Which is why I said just stop Putin and stop pussy footing around.
I agree, we could prevail. But you’re talking about a new World War with the chance of nukes. We’d spend tens of trillions and lose a lot of people. Our allies would suffer the same.

Having Ukraine fight off Russia as our proxy for 3-cents on the dollar is a good deal.

Out of your thousands of anti-MAGA threads, how did you manage to post this crap outside of one of them?
If I found a Genie lamp, my first wish would be that Trump wins the November election and I get to be a fly on the wall to watch Chis's reaction for a full 24 hours.

My second wish would be to erase that day from existence and Trump have NOT won the election. :cool:

Third wish? Three more wishes, of course.

Last edited:
If I found a Genie lamp, my first wish would be that Trump wins the November election and get to be a fly on the wall to watch Chis's reaction for a full 24 hours.

My second wish would be to erase that day from existence and Trump have NOT won the election. :cool:

Third wish? Three more wishes, of course.
Not bad. I think my first wish would be that Chis has to clean the Oval Office private bathroom for Trump’s entire term in office. Same 2 & 3.

I agree, we could prevail. But you’re talking about a new World War with the chance of nukes. We’d spend tens of trillions and lose a lot of people. Our allies would suffer the same.

Having Ukraine fight off Russia as our proxy for 3-cents on the dollar is a good deal.
Ok let’s say we continue to supply weapons and Ukraine still loses. The thought is Putin will continue his push. Would that then start WW3. What if Putin gets pissed at the US for continuing to supply weapons to Ukraine and starts up WW3 with us.
Why not eliminate the turd if he’s not playing fair to begin with.

If we don’t like what he is doing then do something about it.
If we don’t want to do anything about him then why do we care so much about helping Ukraine.

Joe Biden GIF by PBS NewsHour

OP is right. If there is ever a topic that can weaken team MAGA, it's Ukraine, right now you get 3 different answers if you ask a 100 MAGA on Ukraine which is shocking. But they are getting stronger and stronger on the message that Ukraine = Bad and Russia = Good in this conflict. But maybe they are looking to play this card more as the election draws nearer.

Ok let’s say we continue to supply weapons and Ukraine still loses. The thought is Putin will continue his push. Would that then start WW3. What if Putin gets pissed at the US for continuing to supply weapons to Ukraine and starts up WW3 with us.
Why not eliminate the turd if he’s not playing fair to begin with.

If we don’t like what he is doing then do something about it.
If we don’t want to do anything about him then why do we care so much about helping Ukraine.
I agree that we could give Ukraine enough weapons and funding to go another 2 years and they could still lose. Agree that is a possibility and may be an inevitability. We should still try to let Ukraine win if for any reason to drain the Ruskies of every possible man and resource they have.

An all out war with US troops on the ground in Eastern Europe is the LAST thing anyone wants or needs. The goal is to try every available outlet to avoid this.

If Ukraine can fight to even a stalemate over the next 10 years then that could be a victory for the west over the next 50-100 years due to Russia’s dramatically shrinking population.

Reactions: globalhawk
Because Putin will not stop with Ukraine. Ukraine is a bulkhead against further Russian military aggression. Ukraine is also like a bug zapper for the Russian military. Every tank, plane, ship, artillery, APV, and troop destroyed is one that cannot be used to invade another country. Also, it serves as notice to China that Western weapons, technology, and resolve have been tested and prevailed, and it better watch itself with Taiwan and other islands.
So other countries will drop like dominoes? A dominoes theory in relation to Russia? Where have we heard that one before?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT