ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like our neighbors to the west are a little thin skinned

Every new coach Nebby gets is the savior who is going to take them back to their glory days in one or two seasons. Then two or three years later they look for a new savior. Frost is the here and now deliverer.

Reactions: Pigskin48 and JAMAM
I've come to learn "soon" is a very relative term to a Husker.

29483ba74292214b6d25e1e099828574665ae0a1_00.gif

The entire thing is a non-story. Reporting on what is said at an opponent's booster club outing is just creating news out of nothing.

My thoughts exactly. We would all be better off if no reporters ever showed up to booster club outings.

Soon means back in the 90's...

Ya'll deserve to enjoy your fun after the results from the last three years. You (and everyone else last year) beat up on a team coached by a terrible football coach. However if you don't think the Nebraska program won't turn around under Frost you are either delusional or lying to yourself.

My thoughts exactly. We would all be better off if no reporters ever showed up to booster club outings.

Yeah there's nothing to stop them from doing so. They are public events. I wonder if the media guys have to pay to get into those events like the rest of us Joe Publics do. I hope so.

Reactions: Lamoni
Ya'll deserve to enjoy your fun after the results from the last three years. You (and everyone else last year) beat up on a team coached by a terrible football coach. However if you don't think the Nebraska program won't turn around under Frost you are either delusional or lying to yourself.

Wait a second, when Mike Riley was hired Husker Nation was telling us how great of a coach he was. Look at what he did at Oregon State with no money or facilities, imagine what he will do here.

Yet, it was ME who patented the name "Mediocre" Mike on here. I said he'd be fired by 2018 and you guys all laughed. I was off by one season, but he was still fired.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_7c2a56df-3bf3-5ff6-8296-9f0552315972.html

I live in Texas and had no idea things are getting this heated. I hope this link works. I have a much different perspective on Nebraska now. These guys really are insane.

For those too lazy or who don't have the time to read it, the article could ostensibly be used as a case study in circular reasoning (the fact it was written by an adult is mind boggling), arbitrary time frames (the author for some reason thinks starting at 1999 best represents current trends), laying siege of a vacant castle (Iowa fans have never believed they have a better football history), self delusion (ancient history doesn't still make one a blue blood, just ask Minnesota), and abject butt hurt (yeah, dipshit, Iowa football, and a bunch of other programs for that matter, are currently better, crying about it won't change that).

Seriously, lol, Nebraska fans might be the most pathetic fan base on the planet. And I thought fans in Texas are crazy. Wow. I guess when your state is more boring and pointless than Iowa, and you no longer have football to fall back on, you get a little crazy. Lol, damn.

PS -- Nebraska fans talked shit about how great Pelini was going to be, and then they talked about how horrible he was and how Riley was going to be the savior. Blah blah blah. Nobody knows for sure how any coach will do, but needless to say Nebraska prognosticators flapping their gums about how great the next coach in is going to be is nothing new.

In short, these guys are dumbasses and Iowa fans just need to stop giving them the attention they so desperately crave but so richly don't deserve.

Wait a second, when Mike Riley was hired Husker Nation was telling us how great of a coach he was. Look at what he did at Oregon State with no money or facilities, imagine what he will do here.

Yet, it was ME who patented the name "Mediocre" Mike on here. I said he'd be fired by 2018 and you guys all laughed. I was off by one season, but he was still fired.

Not all os were on board with the Reily hire. There were some Husker fans that knew gym teachers were hired.

Not all os were on board with the Reily hire. There were some Husker fans that knew gym teachers were hired.

The vast majority of Nebraska fans were. And you know it.

This time last year many of your brethren were bragging about MR's recruiting class for 2017 and practically handing Tanner Lee the Heisman, so don't even try to play the whole "most of us knew better " card.

Bullshit. This same song and dance has gone on for years. Most of you guys are as arrogant as you are stupid.

Well we know you Husker fans are familiar with delusions, no doubt about that. What Frost does or does not accomplish remains to be seen. Good luck though.........

I posted this in a different thread, but I think Nebraska is going to be a lot like Iowa in the future. Lots of 8-4 type years, with a few 6-6 and 10-2 types sprinkled in. So yeah, I'll agree that you will improve from 4-8.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_7c2a56df-3bf3-5ff6-8296-9f0552315972.html

I live in Texas and had no idea things are getting this heated. I hope this link works. I have a much different perspective on Nebraska now. These guys really are insane.

For those too lazy or who don't have the time to read it, the article could ostensibly be used as a case study in circular reasoning (the fact it was written by an adult is mind boggling), arbitrary time frames (the author for some reason thinks starting at 1999 best represents current trends), laying siege of a vacant castle (Iowa fans have never believed they have a better football history), self delusion (ancient history doesn't still make one a blue blood, just ask Minnesota), and abject butt hurt (yeah, dipshit, Iowa football, and a bunch of other programs for that matter, are currently better, crying about it won't change that).

Seriously, lol, Nebraska fans might be the most pathetic fan base on the planet. And I thought fans in Texas are crazy. Wow. I guess when your state is more boring and pointless than Iowa, and you no longer have football to fall back on, you get a little crazy. Lol, damn.

PS -- Nebraska fans talked shit about how great Pelini was going to be, and then they talked about how horrible he was and how Riley was going to be the savior. Blah blah blah. Nobody knows for sure how any coach will do, but needless to say Nebraska prognosticators flapping their gums about how great the next coach in is going to be is nothing new.

In short, these guys are dumbasses and Iowa fans just need to stop giving them the attention they so desperately crave but so richly don't deserve.

Easy you will become one of them

The vast majority of Nebraska fans were. And you know it.

This time last year many of your brethren were bragging about MR's recruiting class for 2017 and practically handing Tanner Lee the Heisman, so don't even try to play the whole "most of us knew better " card.

Bullshit. This same song and dance has gone on for years. Most of you guys are as arrogant as you are stupid.

You are FOS.

I posted this in a different thread, but I think Nebraska is going to be a lot like Iowa in the future. Lots of 8-4 type years, with a few 6-6 and 10-2 types sprinkled in. So yeah, I'll agree that you will improve from 4-8.
That's the thing about Frost. I truly believe Nebraska will improve over what they had the last 3 years. But what is that Improvement. Kind of think Nebraska fans feels they are going to be winning the West every year and the Big Ten once every 2 or 3 years.

As far as an I club meeting in Western Iowa bashing Nebraska, who would have thought.

Last edited:

For the record: I’m the one that has given Scott Flop his name;)

I’m positive he’ll live up to it as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT