ADVERTISEMENT

Speaker let's students have it... awesome

Vroom_C14

HR Heisman
Mar 3, 2014
Eric Thomas, a.k.a. “ET,” is a critically acclaimed author, world-renowned speaker, educator, pastor and an audible.com Audie Awards Finalist. Though his success is plentiful now, the 51-year-old PhD has overcome a lot since his childhood–a fact he alludes to in this clip.

It’s part of what gives him inspiration to be a sought-after motivational speaker. ET speaks to professional sports teams, CEOs, corporations and fans… but he also completes a lot of not-for-profit visits. In this case, he chose a high school in St. Louis, MO to share with his wisdom of success.

But during his speech, a few kids refused to give ET the respect of not talking and simply listening. They would not be quiet. So he went on a completely impromptu and incredibly enlightening tangent.

“I’ll be darned if I come here for free and you disrespect me.”

We need a lot more people like him. It doesn't matter who or what is to blame for the situation you were born into, it is up to the individual to work hard to make a better life for themselves and their kids. Obviously the different situations make it a lot harder for some than others; but that is no excuse to not try. A huge problem in these schools and neighborhoods is the lack of positive role models and inspiration. The more people we can get to lead by example and help inspire any and all of our kids is the only way to improve our society.

Eric Thomas, a.k.a. “ET,” is a critically acclaimed author, world-renowned speaker, educator, pastor and an audible.com Audie Awards Finalist. Though his success is plentiful now, the 51-year-old PhD has overcome a lot since his childhood–a fact he alludes to in this clip.

It’s part of what gives him inspiration to be a sought-after motivational speaker. ET speaks to professional sports teams, CEOs, corporations and fans… but he also completes a lot of not-for-profit visits. In this case, he chose a high school in St. Louis, MO to share with his wisdom of success.

But during his speech, a few kids refused to give ET the respect of not talking and simply listening. They would not be quiet. So he went on a completely impromptu and incredibly enlightening tangent.

“I’ll be darned if I come here for free and you disrespect me.”

Good stuff but it's been around a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT