ADVERTISEMENT

Special Treat Viewing Fox News Today

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
I periodically venture into the abyss to hear for myself what is being said on the other "side" of the political spectrum. Joanie Ernst was the guest!!! Here is what I learned...

1. Biden raised the ticket price for the Iowa fair by $2 this year
2. Trump's first amendment rights are being trampled in Georgia
3. Iowans are desensitized to Trump's indictments and believe there's a 2 tier justice system (this must have gone out on the GQP talking points), 1 if your name is Trump, another if Biden
4. In order, Joanie prefers corn dogs, pork chops on a stick, and a funnel cake only if she can share it with someone

Oh, and Fox News actually had a teaser to keep everyone tuned in after the commercial... "Our nation's next crisis, why is there such a teacher shortage".

I almost busted out laughing at that one...

Republicans trying to understand why teaching in public schools is so unattractive these days:

spiderman-3-kb-inline-220224-a20803.jpg

Or maybe this one, bins:

its-me-im-the-problem.gif

I periodically venture into the abyss to hear for myself what is being said on the other "side" of the political spectrum. Joanie Ernst was the guest!!! Here is what I learned...

3. Iowans are desensitized to Trump's indictments and believe there's a 2 tier justice system (this must have gone out on the GQP talking points), 1 if your name is Trump, another if Biden
4. In order, Joanie prefers corn dogs, pork chops on a stick, and a funnel cake only if she can share it with someone

Oh, and Fox News actually had a teaser to keep everyone tuned in after the commercial... "Our nation's next crisis, why is there such a teacher shortage".

Joanie believes Trump's first amendment rights are being trampled in Georgia - pray tell, give us some examples Joanie! A more pertinent issue is why Trump has not been slapped with a gag order. His infantile derogatory remarks on social media besmirching both Jack Smith and Fani Willis are beyond the pale and most certainly can be construed as a way to intimidate witnesses and prospective jury pools. Trump is technically out on bail, and like any other indicted defendant, should be subject to the same rules having his bail revoked for his prejudicial remarks.

I agree, this is a big one. Parents attitudes and also their shitty kids. The rights attack on teachers/education has added to it too. A lot of entitled kids that don’t think they have to listen to a teacher nowadays.
Entitled kids isn’t something “the right” has cornered the market on.

Unless you think the right has a lot of the “ just pick a gender and go where ever the hell you want” is a MAGA thing.

Politics has zero to do with parents that think their kids are angels that never could possible do anything wrong.

Reactions: Panic1769
I haven't watched fuxks news in more than 8 years. It's heavenly bliss. I don't even know the channel number anymore.
Congratulations. You are probably the only Dem on the board that doesn't 'periodically venture into the abyss' then. I don't know that I have ever watched it, but definitely know what they have on thanks to a few dedicated Dems on this board.

Reactions: GOHOX69

Hannity and Newt were in rare form on Hannity's show last night. Newt is calling for Congress to defund Jack Smith's prosecutions. The rest of it was pure projection onto the democrats (Obama, Clinton, and Biden) what Trump has been doing. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Newt Gingrich: We are drifting towards the greatest Constitutional crisis since the 1850s​

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6333547137112

NSFS : Not Safe For Sanity

Because of the conservatives' attack on teachers... Now, you can pretend you don't understand.
Now, just he me out here....is it also possible that maybe other reasons may be in play here also?

Like that overall attention deficiency of the human child these days due to social media and devices? I can't imagine my teachers putting up with a 1/10th of what teachers have to put up with today.

I ain't saying the war on woke doesn't play it's part in getting teachers hired either, but 20 something's these days have little to no use for thankless work either. They expect constant affirmation and good pay, not exactly the selling points of teaching.

Entitled kids isn’t something “the right” has cornered the market on.

Unless you think the right has a lot of the “ just pick a gender and go where ever the hell you want” is a MAGA thing.

Politics has zero to do with parents that think their kids are angels that never could possible do anything wrong.
I'm in a blue city with blue & red parents and blue & red parents suck as a whole.

I had a lot of road time today. I needed a break from my podcast so I thought I might turn on Clay and Buck in AM 600. They were talking to some politician whose name I didn’t get about the fake electors. Turns out they were not fake at all! No one believed they were electors anyway. What were they? Contingent electors incase Trump got things overturned at the last second. I had to turn it off at that point….

Fun personal CSB fact - I have never, not once in my entire life - turned on Fox News just for a normal day look-see. Now, full disclosure, I have never really watched any cable news network of any type - about the limit to my news viewing is periodically pulling up the local 6pm news or occasionally flipping through the networks' national news.

The big news events - election nights, huge world stuff (Fukushima, earthquakes/hurricanes, 9/11, etc) - those events I will check out news channels deliberately (usually a network PM broadcast or CNN).

And sure, back in the olden days when with cable or satellite, one channel-surfed via the channel up/down buttons and I may have landed on FN and stuck around for oh...5 seconds before I was instantly bored to near death.

But in my entire life, I have never once picked up the remote and punched in the numbers for Fox News.

Not. Once.

As an aside...seeing how the Radical Right is so anti Trans, I wonder what the thought process was in inviting Caitlin Jenner to appear as a guest last nite?

Other than finding pro Trump speakers is becoming increasingly difficult.
It was really creepy to me.
They view Caitlin Jenner like they view one of the good blacks. Tolerable when they are slinging out the talking points and not being uppity.
Jenner's appearance was a desperate plea for attention.

Reactions: MitchLL
They view Caitlin Jenner like they view one of the good blacks. Tolerable when they are slinging out the talking points and not being uppity.
Jenner's appearance was a desperate plea for attention.
Their good blacks. You racist POS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT