ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation grows about who will be the next James Bond?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
The last movie came out in 2021, and Daniel Craig stepped out of the iconic role at that time. Many actors have been rumored to be in the running for the role that will come with multiple movies spanning 10-15 years. At one point several women were rumored to be in the running, there doesn't seem to be a rule established by Ian Fleming that the 00s by men.
https://apnews.com/article/james-bond-casting-f6a66eda8e72c7f94b9e944c71dd7335

Reactions: ericram
The last movie came out in 2021, and Daniel Craig stepped out of the iconic role at that time. Many actors have been rumored to be in the running for the role that will come with multiple movies spanning 10-15 years. At one point several women were rumored to be in the running, there doesn't seem to be a rule established by Ian Fleming that the 00s by men.
I honestly doubt it ever occured to Ian Fleming that there needed to be a rule establishing that the character named James Bond must always be portrayed by a man. Probably a lot like how P.L. Travers probably didn't have a rule establishing that Mary Poppins be played by a woman. Or how E.B. White probably didn't have a rule stating that Charlotte has to be portrayed as a spider.

Calm down fellas because...

786f41b6-9fd3-455f-9265-946453a85fcb_text.gif

I honestly doubt it ever occured to Ian Fleming that there needed to be a rule establishing that the character named James Bond must always be portrayed by a man. Probably a lot like how P.L. Travers probably didn't have a rule establishing that Mary Poppins be played by a woman. Or how E.B. White probably didn't have a rule stating that Charlotte has to be portrayed as a spider.

To be fair, he said there doesn't seem to be a rule established by Ian Fleming that the 00s be men. Not James Bond specifically.

To be fair, he said there doesn't seem to be a rule established by Ian Fleming that the 00s be men. Not James Bond specifically.
I noticed that, but the thread title does specifically says James Bond so I took him putting OOs in the text to mean Bond himself. It could be interpreted either way, I'll give you that.

I noticed that, but the thread title does specifically says James Bond so I took him putting OOs in the text to mean Bond himself. It could be interpreted either way, I'll give you that.
This. James Bond is a man. But the MI6 agent assigned the code number 007 doesn't necessarily have to be...at least not that Ol' Doodle has ever seen, heard or read.

Reactions: the24fan
It’s too bad Idris Elba isn’t 10-15 years younger. He would have made a great Bond.
I think he alludes to this in his responses when asked. He's phenomenal, but at 50 how long could he pull off the role?

He was an elitists in British society, but he was also directly involved in the usage of women in active duty during WW2. He knew their value, and that was exhibited in a lot of the characters he put into the series.

They already offered it to some dude.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT