ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Interview

He has the right attitude. No one remembers 2nd place. I hope he comes back in 2028, but he has a great future beyond the day to day grind and the toll it takes on your body. Maybe the Hawkeyes get an assistant coach sooner than you thought.

Hoping he processes things better over the next few weeks. Feel for him right now

I hope he realizes people do care. People care that Terry fought back for Bronze too. It’s certainly devastating but he should be very proud of what he’s accomplished in the sport. Hope he is able to get there at some point.

He has the right attitude. No one remembers 2nd place. I hope he comes back in 2028, but he has a great future beyond the day to day grind and the toll it takes on your body. Maybe the Hawkeyes get an assistant coach sooner than you thought.
Would be very surprised if Spencer retired early, he’s just now entering his wrestling prime

Reactions: Whytehawk
Would be very surprised if Spencer retired early, he’s just now entering his wrestling prime
I agree but we don't walk in his shoes. He has rebuilt knees, and he knows his health best. I hope he continues but I would never second guess him if he decided to move on. It's tough to win your first time on the very big boy stage. I expected gold, and next time he won't be denied. Willie must have known something. He picked the Japanese guy to win over Spencer. Maybe a style issue.

Hoping he processes things better over the next few weeks. Feel for him right now

Yeah, he had to go to Japan to clear his mind before. He will need just time off to sort through his feelings.

I think he'll be back. Higuchi today was just better. Better at the hand fighting, better at attempting shots, better at the one scramble they had, and better with the rules, knowing the later pushouts while grounded don't count. I don't think Spencer will eventually want to end knowing the other guy was just better. This is his first world competition at the senior level. He's got room to grow. The Olympics in the U.S. in '28 will be too hard to resist if his body hasn't given out.

Reactions: Whytehawk
Respectfully disagree.
What do Dan Hodge, Rick Sanders and Stephen Abas have in common?
They all won silver medals at the Olympics. Never gold.
Hopefully, with time, Spencer may come to recognize how extraordinary his achievements were this year. An all-time American great and Iowa legend, he turned out to be everything they said he would be coming out of high school. Against all the odds, he fulfilled his immense promise.
Bravo Spencer.

Respectfully disagree.
What do Dan Hodge, Rick Sanders and Stephen Abas have in common?
They all won silver medals at the Olympics. Never gold.
Hopefully, with time, Spencer may come to recognize how extraordinary his achievements were this year. An all-time American great and Iowa legend, he turned out to be everything they said he would be coming out of high school. Against all the odds, he fulfilled his immense promise.
Bravo Spencer.
Aije, well-spoken. Bravo indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT