ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee's condition.

Do fans have the right to know if Spencer's problem is health or injury?

• Health

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Injury

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
How about a concussion? A concussion will cause you to feel tired and weak. I looked it up. Better than guessing or assuming.

giphy.gif

To reiterate the words of those privy to super secret information in regard to Spencer: His condition is serious. His condition is prolonged. His condition has turned him into the wrestler that we’re now seeing. His condition is highly classified and requires the highest level of security clearance.

To reiterate the words of those privy to super secret information in regard to Spencer: His condition is serious. His condition is prolonged. His condition has turned him into the wrestler that we’re now seeing. His condition is highly classified and requires the highest level of security clearance.
But I must know. I must I must.

Reactions: Tcalumet
Can I vote “No?” It’s not our business. It would satisfy our curiosity, which will have 0 impact on how he finishes the year.

It will also telegraph to the world what, where, and potentially how severe the issue is. Right now they can only guess. If they knew, the best case scenario is that they game plan to exploit it for points. Worst case, they exploit it for further injury. I would hope that kids in the NCAA are better sportsmen than that, but it only takes one bad apple.

Whatever it is, I think we have to trust that Spencer, the coaches, and his family have collectively made an informed decision to have him wrestle this year and not disclose the full nature of his situation discussed. It’s a calculated risk and I hope it’s part of a bigger (ultimately successful) plan that helps Spencer and Iowa win NCAA titles, and keeps him on a path to World and Olympic Gold.

Can I vote “No?” It’s not our business. It would satisfy our curiosity, which will have 0 impact on how he finishes the year.

It will also telegraph to the world what, where, and potentially how severe the issue is. Right now they can only guess. If they knew, the best case scenario is that they game plan to exploit it for points. Worst case, they exploit it for further injury. I would hope that kids in the NCAA are better sportsmen than that, but it only takes one bad apple.

Whatever it is, I think we have to trust that Spencer, the coaches, and his family have collectively made an informed decision to have him wrestle this year and not disclose the full nature of his situation discussed. It’s a calculated risk and I hope it’s part of a bigger (ultimately successful) plan that helps Spencer and Iowa win NCAA titles, and keeps him on a path to World and Olympic Gold.

This is always my take on these things. We always find out. I don'
t pay for premium services because of this. Eventually I know where the recruits go. I don't pay for Flo becuase in a day or so the matches are on Youtube.
For injuries like this we will find out. Maybe it's a combination of multiple things that added up? I just hope the kid is okay.

The whole “the field caught up to him claim” would make sense if he’d had closer matches last year with Rivera and Picc. But, he destroyed both of them at the NCAAs. Less than a year ago. Nobody is going to tell me they both improved enough to now be able to dominate Spencer. These aren’t grade school kids first learning how to wrestle and mastering techniques. They’re seasoned wrestlers with a shitload of mat time and high level coaching. All of them.

How about a concussion? A concussion will cause you to feel tired and weak. I looked it up. Better than guessing or assuming.
Having just been through that with my youngun, if it was a concussion continuing to make him tired and weak, he would not have cleared protocol and be wrestling.

To answer the question, the desire to know does not equal the NEED to know, which I don't. Just feel bad for Spencer because I know this is not what he wants to be (the subject of multiple HR topics as to why he isn't wrestling as well as he can).

Before I got married I could leg press 1200lbs squat 500 after 10 years of marriage I have trouble getting myself off the toilet.;)

lol.....That sounds about right! I was in the best shape of my life and the strongest I ever was before I got married. Then after I got married, I put on about 40 pounds practically overnight from my wife's good cooking and I was drinking beer like there were no limits. In the last few years I have regained back some self-control and lost almost all that weight I gained but I'm still not near as strong as I used to be.

Reactions: Grip220
epididymis dislocation due to the straightening of the ductus epididymidis, which in turn, has caused severe pain due to the draining of ductus deferens.

That sounds like a slam on South Park “You are a vas deferens Cartman!”

What scares me is that from the outside this feels eerily similar to McDonoughs senior year. Whatever the issue is, I hope he can bounce back in the future.

there was a guy a couple of years ago said he would never post on hr again, that we could all fo. his tag was mccoullghd,is that you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT