ADVERTISEMENT

Sportscoat over a hoodie.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Screen-Shot-2019-04-08-at-9.59.40-PM-620x926.png
What’s up with this look now? Have we just given up? I mean…I have we know thar…but others? Have others given up?

• Sad
Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Screen-Shot-2019-04-08-at-9.59.40-PM-620x926.png
What’s up with this look now? Have we just given up? I mean…I have we know thar…but others? Have others given up?
It's been a streetwear look for at least 5-10 years or so. I think it looks good when it's a real casual blazer and the colors complement each other, not a stuffy plain navy blazer/hoodie like the one shown.

blazer-hoodie-chinos-large-99093.jpg

blazer-hoodie-chinos-large-72555.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Titus Andronicus
You can buy sport coats that have hoodies attached to them. It's been around for awhile now.

HJ70303_014.jpg

Fashion can be anything if you are a big enough deal.

I see people that look like everything they wear is clashing and I just assume it’s the new thing.

Pajamas at Walmart is about the last think I assume isn’t a true fashion statement. It’s just people giving up.

What’s up with this look now? Been around for quite some time. Next you will be asking what’s up with the new dance craze, called “the dougie.”

I dislike *****sport coats.

Clearly you have never worn a camel hair coat and acted like you were the f'ing boss.

I can show show you how its done.

I like hoodies, and I like sports coats....but they don't go together.. AND, you have to tie the room together with some awesome shoes.

51vbFayPh5L._AC_UY625_.jpg

Pimp style

I have never owned a hoodie and basically abhor the look or vibe or whatever it is that makes up the presentation. Personally, I nearly always wear a sport coat or blazer of some sort when my wife and I are out running errands or dining. Sometimes I wear a sport coat over a long sleeve T-shirt which is a look that she seems to like and is quite comfortable.

The Hoodies above appear to be lighter weight cotton, or even silk ... more related to polo shirts than to the thuggish clothing worn in the ghetto. Part of the problem is that people wear oversized bulky hoodies that make them look fat or rather accent the fact that they are already fat. To wear a sport coat over a hoodie does require a thinned-down hoodie.

The hoodie-wearing crowd really needs to update that look. The hoodie makes you look poor and anything that makes it look like you have more that $1.75 to your name is an improvement. The pictures above indicate that some folks out there think it is time to get off the block and move forward in the "Black" Fashion World.

I actually like the combinations shown above ... all of them in fact.

Perhaps in the meantime, a trendy looking Harris Tweed Hoodie might fill some of the gap:

1aad6087b5b020fb94c22c4edd85c26e.jpg

Even I would wear that!

Perhaps with a solid khaki or solid blue and loose-fitting sport coat?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT