ADVERTISEMENT

Squirrels and bird feeders

Never heard of it either. Sounds kind of mean to blind birds though! Do they all fly around with canes and wearing sunglasses now? 🤔
I wish! They fight in the damn trees and kill each other then I have to clean them up. If it were up to me I'd get a bb gun and just start offing them but my wife is to nice and bought the blinders.

Surprised so many people haven't heard of a bird blinder, pretty normal thing.

I wish! They fight in the damn trees and kill each other then I have to clean them up. If it were up to me I'd get a bb gun and just start offing them but my wife is to nice and bought the blinders.

Surprised so many people haven't heard of a bird blinder, pretty normal thing.
Pic? Of blinder. And wife?

Reactions: beanerhawk
Squirrels are as cute as birds, and have more personality. Just enjoy watching the squirrels being funny and climbing around "Mission Impossible"-ing down to the birdfeeder. They're earning what they get!

5254073092_ded469b478_o.jpg

intro-1699299392.jpg

d20dd94974e38ccdc3c84a910c6cfa10.jpg

I love squirrels and setup food for them pretty often. I watched a rabbit and squirrel play together the other day, it was adorable. The rabbit even did a big vertical leap to show it was having a good time.

When we lived in town the squirrels were horrible and there was nothing I could do and no type of feeder that would keep them from getting the bird food, so I just got them their own corn feeder and that helped.
Now that I live out in the country it’s fvcking deer and raccoons that get my bird feeders.
I had two wire mess ball feeders that something ripped out of my trees and I found them about 20 yards away from where they were hanging. They weren’t able to get them open but it’s still annoying.

Aside from plinking them off, and suggestions to keep them away? I’m filling up once a week because they just make a meal of it.

They have those fun looking ones that spin squirrels off when they land- but read they are 1) expensive and 2) battery powered ((have to be recharged?)

You do understand that the squirrels are just phuquin’ with you, right?
Imagine yourself as a squirrel….other than gathering nuts all day, what else do you have to do? Messing around with men with guns……throwing nuts at dogs and having them bark at you…….pretty simple life…..and for a squirrel, fulfilling!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT