ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford Willing to Take $ Zero from B1G for Years to Join B1G

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
I don't know how to cut/paste a tweet but according to @Genetics56, Stanford is willing to take $ zero for years to join B1G.

1. Great academics
2. Tremendous research
3. #1 at Olympic Sports (non-football)
4. ACC will take years to decide
5. Need 20 teams for 4 five team Regions
6. Plays ND every year

Seems like a no brainer to me.

This does change the financial analysis. If they do not dilute the pie by getting a share that would actually increase our cut from a slightly larger pie overall.
It would allow for nice geographical 4 division setup if we added an Eastern school like ND or UNC.

Let Stanford join the ACC, how many trips out west will Iowa have to make in football if there ends up being 5 (or 6) west coast teams?

If so, they tipped their hand too soon.

If they are willing to take nothing for an ACC membership, I say we up the ante and require them to pay the B1G a ”membership fee” of $5M per year for the first 10 years.

If so, they tipped their hand too soon.

If they are willing to take nothing for an ACC membership, I say we up the ante and require them to pay the B1G a ”membership fee” of $5M per year for the first 10 years.
Being willing to take $0 from BIG does not mean that they would be willing to take $0 from the ACC. Stanford may have already told the ACC this

I don't know how to cut/paste a tweet but according to @Genetics56, Stanford is willing to take $ zero for years to join B1G.

1. Great academics
2. Tremendous research
3. #1 at Olympic Sports (non-football)
4. ACC will take years to decide
5. Need 20 teams for 4 five team Regions
6. Plays ND every year

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Notre Dame should be off the schedule for all Big10 teams.

Let Stanford join the ACC, how many trips out west will Iowa have to make in football if there ends up being 5 (or 6) west coast teams?
If the B1G gets to 20 teams, then Iowa would play all of the teams in it's Region every year and get the West Division, once every 3 years. So Iowa would play NE, MN, WI & IL every year.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Being willing to take $0 from BIG does not mean that they would be willing to take $0 from the ACC. Stanford may have already told the ACC this
Stanford told the remaining PAC12 members that they are asking to join the ACC at $0 per the article I posted above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT