ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Finals

I kinda feel like the oilers coach mismanaged the minutes in the second half of the third. I understand having your stars on the ice, but they needed a breather. Absolutely gassed at the end. Good series. Hockey is the best playoff in sports.

The first hockey game I ever attended was a Panthers game on their home ice. It was like 90 degrees outside and I see these people wearing parkas and jerseys walking into the arena. I had no idea it would be freezing inside.

TSB.

Wow. Conn Symthe should have gone to Bobrovosky. He’d been lights out almost the entire playoffs and showed up big in Game 7. McDavid was good too, but I thought Connor and Bob were essentially tied going into Game 7.

Memba' when we could have brought home town kid Matt Tkachuk to the Blues but Army wouldn't get a free agent deal done?

Pepperidge Farms members.

As long as we get a #1 D next week in Vegas.

Sitting on a first, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds. Deep draft for D. Need to move up from 16.

Reactions: JWolf74
The first hockey game I ever attended was a Panthers game on their home ice. It was like 90 degrees outside and I see these people wearing parkas and jerseys walking into the arena. I had no idea it would be freezing inside.

TSB.

Tool story, bro?

It's a team game. Edmonton can't play their stars every minute of the game. They needed to save some gas for the end. It was very obvious they didn't have a chance with 2 minutes left.

Also, for those saying there is no good sports now should check out the Canadian Football League. There's already been some outstanding games.

It's a team game. Edmonton can't play their stars every minute of the game. They needed to save some gas for the end. It was very obvious they didn't have a chance with 2 minutes left.

Also, for those saying there is no good sports now should check out the Canadian Football League. There's already been some outstanding games.
I still can't get over that they still have the goal posts at the front of the end zone. Seems like a massive safety issue and an unfair advantage to the offense who can use it as a screen.

Tough to know how to handle it. They were obviously too gassed to do anything in the last minute or two but they produced some great scoring chances in the heavy time on ice from around the 6 minute mark to the 2 minute mark. I'm sure if they'd gotten the equalizer, he'd have sat the front line a good bit in the last 3 or 4 minutes, playing defensively & looking to go to OT to win it there.
Probably would've been better served sending out some fresh legs in the last two minutes.

We all know who should have won the Conn Smythe,

GQ3cImLbwAECKQ8

Wow. Conn Symthe should have gone to Bobrovosky. He’d been lights out almost the entire playoffs and showed up big in Game 7. McDavid was good too, but I thought Connor and Bob were essentially tied going into Game 7.

• Wow
Reactions: HawCory
And so it begins...

I mean, it's not swimming in fountains in georgetown or completely airmailing the first pitch over max scherzer's head, but it's a good start.

My favorite post cup story from 2018 was one told at our club by Caps PBP man Joe Beninati (who is a fantastic all around announcer and rightfully beloved around here). Joe and his broadcast partner found out the caps were at a restaurant in Georgetown celebrating, so they go their and talk there way up to the team's private room, and the cup is sitting right there. Beninati is staring at it, but won't touch it. Someone in the back of the room says, 'pick it up Joe' and he shakes his head no. There's a pause, and Nick Backstrom says, "Joe, pick it up", and others on the team follow. He said he felt like he was in the final scene in Dead Poet's Society.

Last edited:

I agree, and even though it is an honor to win, what a kick in the teeth every time someone mentions the Conn Smythe you won, and you get to remember that your team lost the Cup

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
And so it begins...

I mean, it's not swimming in fountains in georgetown or completely airmailing the first pitch over max scherzer's head, but it's a good start.

My favorite post cup story from 2018 was one told at our club by Caps PBP man Joe Beninati (who is a fantastic all around announcer and rightfully beloved around here). Joe and his broadcast partner found out the caps were at a restaurant in Georgetown celebrating, so they go their and talk there way up to the team's private room, and the cup is sitting right there. Beninati is staring at it, but won't touch it. Someone in the back of the room says, 'pick it up Joe' and he shakes his head no. There's a pause, and Nick Backstrom says, "Joe, pick it up", and others on the team follow. He said he felt like he was in the final scene in Dead Poet's Society.

Florida man! :)

Reactions: Dorrman and mnole03
Tough to know how to handle it. They were obviously too gassed to do anything in the last minute or two but they produced some great scoring chances in the heavy time on ice from around the 6 minute mark to the 2 minute mark. I'm sure if they'd gotten the equalizer, he'd have sat the front line a good bit in the last 3 or 4 minutes, playing defensively & looking to go to OT to win it there.
Probably would've been better served sending out some fresh legs in the last two minutes.
Yeah tough call to make. No way you could leave them on the bench the last two minutes. Could you imagine the questions if you lose while your best players are sitting? Idk if anything could have beaten that Florida defense last night.

I still can't get over that they still have the goal posts at the front of the end zone. Seems like a massive safety issue and an unfair advantage to the offense who can use it as a screen.
Yeah. Their endzones are 30 yards deep so the alternative is having to get to the 10 yardline for a 47 yard field goal attempt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT