Missouri 11
IA 9
Neb 6
Ohio 6
Wisc 6
these are the top states they are recruiting in

Texas just 2
Calif just 1

I would like see them recruit Texas harder and recruit Georgia, but they are limited in scholly so they are limited

St Louis is the great Hawkeye football recruiting dead end. Year after year they extend multiple offers to St. Louis area prospects. Year after year (with rare exceptions) they strike out. I thought they might actually turn it round and pull in Mac Markaway last year, a legacy recruit, but his Iowa offer was added to the pile.

St Louis is the great Hawkeye football recruiting dead end. Year after year they extend multiple offers to St. Louis area prospects. Year after year (with rare exceptions) they strike out. I thought they might actually turn it round and pull in Mac Markaway last year, a legacy recruit, but his Iowa offer was added to the pile.
They typically offer the cream of the crop in that metro area...Everybody is after those kids year in and year out...They signed Ortwerth from there last year and prolly could have grabbed Chase Hendricks...kids stock fell through the basement and he ended up at Ohio in the MAC.

Wish we still had those strong connections in the Maryland / DC areas.
I'd rather have strong connections in PA and NJ..Iowa has gained more productive players historically from NJ and PA..Coker/Lomax/Miles Taylor..drawing a blank on the others that had an impact at Iowa from the DC area..Guys like Truitt,Joly,Kyle Taylor,Ngoumou, etc...didn't seem to either last long or accomplish much while they were at Iowa. .going off of memory, so I could be way off...

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Florida leads with 16 players with offers
Illinois is next with 14
Missouri 11
IA 9
Neb 6
Ohio 6
Wisc 6

Texas just 2
Calif just 1

I would like see them recruit Texas harder and recruit Georgia, but they are limited in scholly so they are limited
No Australia offers?

We've had some pretty good players from St Louis, but not many lately. We do seem to be doing decent in KC area though and I think the quality of high school ball in KC is as good as the Lou, at least in terms of state titles for both Missouri and Kansas, we generally have teams in the finals and win quite a few in both states. Now East St Louis on the Illinois side produces a lot of athletes, but I'm not sure if they match up well with the B1G academic standards, (if that is even still a thing at this point).

Reactions: nu2u
Florida leads with 16 players with offers
Illinois is next with 14
Missouri 11
IA 9
Neb 6
Ohio 6
Wisc 6

Texas just 2
Calif just 1

I think we'll start to see more offers on the left coast with USC and UCLA coming on board. Thats a lot from Florida though, I think thats Hodges area. We always recruit Illinois pretty heavy, but it will be tougher with Bret there..

I think we'll start to see more offers on the left coast with USC and UCLA coming on board. Thats a lot from Florida though, I think thats Hodges area. We always recruit Illinois pretty heavy, but it will be tougher with Bret there..
Iowa already has 12 offers out in Florida for the 2025 class...they are hitting Florida hard...I'd think Betts might being doing a little recruiting in Florida as well as Abdul. Ladell spent around 8-9 years coaching in Florida before heading to IC.

Reactions: kceasthawk
We've had some pretty good players from St Louis, but not many lately. We do seem to be doing decent in KC area though and I think the quality of high school ball in KC is as good as the Lou, at least in terms of state titles for both Missouri and Kansas, we generally have teams in the finals and win quite a few in both states. Now East St Louis on the Illinois side produces a lot of athletes, but I'm not sure if they match up well with the B1G academic standards, (if that is even still a thing at this point).
Really like all the recruiting Iowa has done in the Johnson County area of KS..Those Blue Valley schools have alot of money behind them and run quality programs.

Really like all the recruiting Iowa has done in the Johnson County area of KS..Those Blue Valley schools have alot of money behind them and run quality programs.
Absolutely. I know kansas isn't a huge population state but between the Blue Valley schools and Olathe schools they've had a lot of success in the large Kansas class. Also private schools mostly right on the state line like Rockhurst and St Thomas Aquinas have great programs that we've pulled a few players from.....Of course on the Missouri side both the two high schools in Blue Springs and Liberty and the three in Lee's Summit put out some D1 talent every year. I think The WR Howard is from Park Hill up north.....

Last edited:
Iowa already has 12 offers out in Florida for the 2025 class...they are hitting Florida hard...I'd think Betts might being doing a little recruiting in Florida as well as Abdul. Ladell spent around 8-9 years coaching in Florida before heading to IC.
Your correct. I think Ladell is also in Florida recruiting with his connections there.

shame we can't get a texas pipeline going again like back in the day under Hayden

shame we can't get a texas pipeline going again like back in the day under Hayden
It seems like the Texas kids we sign don't stick around if their not playing right away. may be true of the Florida kids as well though.

Yeah, I think when they grabbed Washington late in the cycle...he was the first Tx kid Iowa signed in a few classes...Yelverton and Hogan might have been the most recent before Washington signed.

Yeah, I think when they grabbed Washington late in the cycle...he was the first Tx kid Iowa signed in a few classes...Yelverton and Hogan might have been the most recent before Washington signed.
Very excited to see what Washington can add to the offense. I could see him used as a more successful version of how we used Tracy the first year or so..

I agree, and would add Arizona to that mix. We've got a HS right here in Chandler that's been producing high level D1 kids for the past 12-15 years.
Yep. Too bad its too late to get Kasper's kid. Oh well, there's always the transfer portal...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT