ADVERTISEMENT

Status of Jake Duzey?

#1hawkeyefan1983

Team MVP
Sep 25, 2008
Really need him during the Big 10 Play and I think he will be a key weapon once Big 10 play starts, anyone heard on when he is available?

Dolph said that last week he was back at practice running around last week. My guess would be the earliest he is back is North Texas but I am guessing Wisconsin is more likely

We asked Kirk about Duzey last week and he said he was back in pads and doing some work. Don't think it was heavy work yet, but it's progress. Will certainly be asked today at Kirk's presser about his status and if he's getting closer. Probably doubtful for this week, but end of Sept has always been the most likely target date.

It would be fantastic to have him back for North Texas! He needs some reps before the start of the B1G.

Duzey is getting closer to being ready, according to Kirk this week. Still think the most likely return date is Wisconsin, but N. Texas might be possible for some limited work.

Reactions: cbhawkeye
Would be tempting for him to take a medical redshirt. Might even be best long term for the team. (Thinking of next year)

Duzey already redshirted. He could petition for a sixth year of eligibility, but it is far from certain that he'd get it. Unless he is re-injured, he'll play this year.

We need Duzey now to bolster this receiving corp. Assuming he still have WR speed, he will be a valuable asset to this team now...

We will have Kittle back next year. Outsey has played a lot of downs. They have not looked bad at all. If he has some hands, he will be a winner. Wisniskey & the other freshman should give us the depth we need.

I guess the question left, is he medically cleared to play? If so, he needs some reps before the Wisky game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT