ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska is going to be the Natty’s 2025

Quite honestly, wouldn’t sleep on that team…Phil Steele (who I respect) ranked their QB as the number two freshman in the country, and their D was salty last year (of which I think they have everyone back). Just saying… We can’t look past anyone till we prove we can score on O.
Omg 😳 really dude? Who’s “we” we the fans aren’t playing the game - you sound like a half hearted Hawkeye fan

Quite honestly, wouldn’t sleep on that team…Phil Steele (who I respect) ranked their QB as the number two freshman in the country, and their D was salty last year (of which I think they have everyone back). Just saying… We can’t look past anyone till we prove we can score on O.
We don't sleep on anyone. Not even teams we own.

Omg 😳 really dude? Who’s “we” we the fans aren’t playing the game - you sound like a half hearted Hawkeye fan

Probably been a Hawk Fan longer than you’ve been alive, but I’m also a realist… we’ve (yes we’ve) been anything but a juggernaut on O…Sorry I don’t look at everything through gold colored glasses….hope you’re overly optimistic view is warranted…Time will tell.

Be curious what school he will be playing for a year from now with his history. New HS every year and committed to Georgia and OSU before settling for nebby. Let’s just say stability is not his strong suit. I know they expect him to come in and be the savior but let’s be honest. Looking over former 5* top 50 recruits Trevor Lawrence last one to come in tear it up and win a lot as a true frosh. Let’s just say big difference between Clemson and Nebraska talent.

This was my thinking as well remembering his history. Let's say, for instance, little debbie goes 8-4 or 7-5. Their schedule is certainly easy enough, and for what it's worth, I do believe they'll get back to a bowl simply on how painfully easy the first 7 games are. But let's say they lose to Colorado in a close one, but beat Wisconsin. Riola looks good, but the lack of talent at WR, OL, RB is squandering his own talent. Little debbie is not an offensive powerhouse, in fact Iowa had more passing yards than they did last year.

Other big schools needing a QB sees his potential and can offer him not only money, but also to be surrounded by elite talent. Because of how flakey this kid has been, I can easily see him going elsewhere if a big enough school offers. Hell, I could easily see a school like USC who would offer him. Perhaps non-B1G schools like Oklahoma, Florida, Ole Miss, or Kansas State just to name a few highly rated offenses. I heard Ohio State's QB could be their one offensive weakness. If Riola is as accurate and perfect as debbie fans says he is, he'd fit right at home with the best WR room in the nation.

I don't really like to keep threads like this going, but the idea of the bugeater's savior leaving them after one year would be very satisfying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT