ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling Dias commits to Iowa

Obviously we're getting a huge benefit from being first, but this is still great!
We aren't first. There are lots of women's programs. We're the first big time university to put millions of dollars behind their program. The recruiting wins we've gotten recently should be attributed to the hiring of Coach Chun and the efforts she has put in.

We aren't first. There are lots of women's programs. We're the first big time university to put millions of dollars behind their program. The recruiting wins we've gotten recently should be attributed to the hiring of Coach Chun and the efforts she has put in.
Sorry, I was unclear in my language: first division 1 program. But also, I agree, great job Coach Chun!

We were not the first D1 school to have womens wrestling. We were the first power 5 D1 school to get it.
Not only that, we are Iowa wrestling!
Nothing can match walking onto the mat with 14k rabid Hawk fans cheering you on.
If you don't sign with the Hawks the only way you will ever feel it is as a visitor.
Then you only wish you were a Hawk.

Not only that, we are Iowa wrestling!
Nothing can match walking onto the mat with 14k rabid Hawk fans cheering you on.
If you don't sign with the Hawks the only way you will ever feel it is as a visitor.
Then you only wish you were a Hawk.
And I think we need to promote the hell out of that fact. Seriously.

Sorry, I was unclear in my language: first division 1 program. But also, I agree, great job Coach Chun!
Like el dub said, we all knew what you meant.

And to your point, it's good that we were the first blueblood program to get in fairly early. If it had been PSU or OSU, they would be the ones sucking all the air out of the room now.

Like el dub said, we all knew what you meant.

And to your point, it's good that we were the first blueblood program to get in fairly early. If it had been PSU or OSU, they would be the ones sucking all the air out of the room now.
Ok but to follow up on this, we aren't getting recruits just because we're the first blue blood program. We're getting recruits because we hired the best coaches in the business and put a ton of money into facilities. As much as we want to pat ourselves on the back for being the best wrestling fans in the world, the bigger draw is wrestling for Coach Chun. The 10,000+ rabid fans are just a bonus. Now I will say the tip of that rabid fan mountain has certainly donated us into the position we're in. Without a doubt Coach Chun and the amazing facility would not be here without the best fans in the world. As excited as I am to watch Iowa dominate, I'm even more excited to see how the sport grows, hopefully to the point where there are multiple world class facilities and coaches for female wrestlers to choose from.

Ok but to follow up on this, we aren't getting recruits just because we're the first blue blood program. We're getting recruits because we hired the best coaches in the business and put a ton of money into facilities. As much as we want to pat ourselves on the back for being the best wrestling fans in the world, the bigger draw is wrestling for Coach Chun. The 10,000+ rabid fans are just a bonus. Now I will say the tip of that rabid fan mountain has certainly donated us into the position we're in. Without a doubt Coach Chun and the amazing facility would not be here without the best fans in the world. As excited as I am to watch Iowa dominate, I'm even more excited to see how the sport grows, hopefully to the point where there are multiple world class facilities and coaches for female wrestlers to choose from.
very well put….. couldn’t agree more

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT