ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market

hexumhawk

HB Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
Lots of turmoil overseas this weekend with some of the biggest drops in history. Warren Buffet selling off Apple and US Bank and buying huge amounts of t-bills.

Don't say we didn't see this coming when we have our crash.

Reactions: Scruddy
^^^^Shit for brains.

Our resident idiots have been waiting for 3 1/2 years for a correction to throw shade.
They can't hide their glee.

Trying to make the actions of the Bank of Japan fit your stupid Republican/Democrat way of looking at everything in the world evidences shit for brains.

Lots of turmoil overseas this weekend with some of the biggest drops in history. Warren Buffet selling off Apple and US Bank and buying huge amounts of t-bills.

Don't say we didn't see this coming when we have our crash.
Schwab website is down.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
stock market recovers a little bit from the pre market opening … probably a dead cat bounce though.

DJIA up 12.5k points over the last 5 years but the sky is definitely falling now. We were all warned.

We will also tend to see the biggest gains and dips of all time (points wise) when the stock market is near all-time high levels. The scale changed. 1000 point drop off of a 40k DJIA hits different than a 1000 point drop off of a 14k DJIA.

Almost purchased my MSTR calls back. was starting to put information in and prices ticked up higher than what I was looking to purchase. They have since bounced pretty well. The issue is selling can continue much longer than you think is possible. We are overvalued compared to GDP so a pullback is OK. This appears to be mostly fear. Nothing appears to be breaking yet. I am not a big fan of the valuations, I would still say quite elevated. My biggest fear is still interest rates. Likely a couple years out, but the cost to finance our debt will begin to go up no matter what we do.

^^^^Shit for brains.

Our resident idiots have been waiting for 3 1/2 years for a correction to throw shade.
Wat? There's already been one recession under joe biden, dip shit.

^^^^Shit for brains.

It is quite trick to screw up main street and wall street at the same time, YIKES

So most of this is international issues, what does Biden/Harris supposed to actually do. Remember Trump doesn't want to get involved with any international issue. If its their issue they need to pay the bill. As to the stock market, if you have been invested for any significant range of time you have made truckloads of money. That we are in a pullback is not surprising. That generally happens when you increase interest rates to slow down the economy.

Reactions: dekhawk and h-hawk
Some trading platforms are having problems including schwab.
Might have slowed the drop.
US retail traders are panicking this AM after likely receiving push notifications on their smartphones about market turmoil in Asia and Europe, which has since spread to the US premarket. Now that the cash session is about 15 minutes underway, website monitor DownDector reports outages are emerging across several major US brokerage houses as everyone tries to log into their accounts and sell stocks.

DownDector reports that users of Charles Schwab, Fidelity, Ameritrade, Vanguard, and E-Trade are all reporting website outages, which have been surging around the start of the US cash session.

Reactions: h-hawk
US retail traders are panicking this AM after likely receiving push notifications on their smartphones about market turmoil in Asia and Europe, which has since spread to the US premarket. Now that the cash session is about 15 minutes underway, website monitor DownDector reports outages are emerging across several major US brokerage houses as everyone tries to log into their accounts and sell stocks.

DownDector reports that users of Charles Schwab, Fidelity, Ameritrade, Vanguard, and E-Trade are all reporting website outages, which have been surging around the start of the US cash session.

I had zero issues with Vanguard.

Link to what, when they changed the word recession?

It'll cost ya. What are you willing to offer?
Regarding your "part time employment" comment in that other post...many people that have been able to retire early became bored at home and took these part time jobs to have something to do.
That's not a secret, but if you think slamming people who fill those 15-20 hours per week...knock yourself out.
It's the fault of the WH that people retired early and decided to go back to work???

JFC...You look desperate.

Regarding your "part time employment" comment in that other post...many people that have been able to retire early became bored at home and took these part time jobs to have something to do.
That's not a secret, but if you think slamming people who fill those 15-20 hours per week...knock yourself out.
It's the fault of the WH that people retired early and decided to go back to work???

JFC...You look desperate.
Yes.... many reitement age people took part time jobs during a pandemic.... cause they were bored........

You are an idiot.

Signed,

A guy who works 3 part time jobs on top of his 9-5

I am more or less just in the market with periodic contributions to my 401k. I don't try to time anything. It's hard to catch a falling knife...
Yeah, I don’t understand why the average small investor would be rushing to sell this morning. Unless they were planning on using their investment gains to pay off some major purchases, which wouldn’t surprise me.

You need to get on that promotion game faster or quit over extending yourself.
I'm going to drop the mowing job after this year. My focus there wasn't the $ it was skipping the line and getting my dog into a quality field trainer. He is paid off now but I'm not going to leave my buddy hanging in the middle of the season.

Soccer I would do for free.

Vibrant has( or has had before they started over staffing) really good dollar per hour ( 60 bucks an hour ish to keep coolers full and listen to live music.) Plus I get free tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT