ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops Better Be Careful

Auger

HB All-American
Sep 14, 2007
Talked to a client of mine who happens to be a Oklahoma booster. I guess after that loss to Texas the boosters started circling the Stoops wagon again. Sounds like there is chatter picking up about trying to get Stoops out as some boosters want Oklahoma native and Memphis coach Justin Fuente as the next coach. Fuente played QB for one year at Oklahoma before transfering to another program. Stoops is starting to get stale at a program that believes they should be playing for a national Championship every 4 years or atleast in the playoff. I guess it wouldnt be easy seeing Baylor and TCU pass you bye. IMHO Stoops is still a top coach but maybe he has taken Oklahoma as far as he could and his better days there are behind him.

Last edited:
He needs to quit being so loyal to Mike. Keeping Mike may cost him his job.

He needs to quit being so loyal to Mike. Keeping Mike may cost him his job.

Agree. Their recruitng isnt what it used to be either. Stoops likely either needs to make some big changes (he already has made a few) or it might be time for a mutual part.

On a side the American Athletic Conference seems to be producing a solid group of coaches. Not only is Fuente likely gone to greener pastures next year but Temple coach and Penn St alum Rhule is getting talk from Maryland and i've heard Rutgers if they fire Flood would be after him as well. Wont be long until Herman leaves Houston either.

Unless Indiana goes to a bowl this year, I look for Wilson to be let go. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Purdue fire their coach. Probably a tough year to get a quality coach with so many jobs starting to open up.

He has nothing to worry about. He has FU money and can quit whenever he wants. He would be hired again too if he wanted to still coach at another school

Beat FSU for it all in his second season which created expectations of dynasty in the making. Had horrible losses to Boise St and USC in big games got the mojo back for a huge win vs Bama couple years ago. Texas is his Iowa St they've won too many when okie should have blown them out

Oklahoma's situation is interesting. I don't blame their booster's frustration. That school should be in the mix every year. They haven't been that consistent at all.

Unless Indiana goes to a bowl this year, I look for Wilson to be let go. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Purdue fire their coach. Probably a tough year to get a quality coach with so many jobs starting to open up.

Uh, are you suggesting that Oklahoma would have to compete with Indiana and Purdue for head coach candidates?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT