Ben Niemann, Chiefs
Sean Welsh, Redskins

Tryout:
Matt VandeBerg, Jets
James Butler, Jets, Raiders
Boone Myers, Colts, Ravens

Edit: moved Welsh to Free Agent.

Last edited:
I wonder how much James Butler hurt his NFL career by transferring to Iowa? I thought they said he might have been a late round draft pick if he would of gone pro from Nevada.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Sean Welsh signed with Redskins not tryout.
Surprised Kluver Kulick didn’t get any sort of a shot.
Wish Ott would get just 1 shot. Think he could stick a few years if he did

Reactions: Couppee
Slightly off topic, but ISU's QB/LB Joel Lanning ended up with the Cowboys. I wonder if they are going to give him a try at TE.

I wonder how much James Butler hurt his NFL career by transferring to Iowa? I thought they said he might have been a late round draft pick if he would of gone pro from Nevada.
Butler's serious injury that cost him a number of games make NFL teams take a cautious approach to him. If he can pass a physical I think teams will take a second look at him.

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

This was a very, very frustrating year for him. He so much wanted to play for Iowa, beginning with his senior year of high school. Update: Butler has a tryout with the Raiders later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT