ADVERTISEMENT

Summer travel plans?

Just got back from the Canadian Rockies. It exceeded my expectations.

We typically go to Florida in July but may skip it because we're going to Miami in October for a concert of significance for teenage girls. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BrianNole777
I cherish stories like these, which is precisely why I’m passionate about traveling. It’s during these journeys that serendipitous, profound encounters occur with greater frequency. Perhaps it’s because we approach life with a more open mind, unburdened by our everyday routines.
Yeah man, I went to Cuba alone once, and I’ve traveled all over the US alone, but being alone in South America for a few weeks was awesome. I’ve never met so many people except in Thailand. Peru was a true international hotspot, especially around Machu Picchu. I bet I met people from 25 different countries there.

Colombia was cool, but the poverty was almost too much in places. So many beggars. I had a guy follow me for 6 blocks in Cartagena trying to sell me a $1 bottle of water.

I did a lengthy hike in the jungle to the “lost city” — it was like 30+ miles, 3 nights, 4 days, and I met a bunch of Europeans on that. My hiking partner was a French kid who was hitchhiking around the world on sailboats. Met a guy from Maine who got stuck in China for the entire pandemic in 2020, got Stockholm syndrome, and stayed for 4 years teaching engrish as a second language. Guy got out last fall, went home for a month, then bailed to South America and been there since. Said he spent like 3 months in Bogota taking intermittent trips to the mountains to meet with his Ayahuasca shaman. Lol

Yeah man, I went to Cuba alone once, and I’ve traveled all over the US alone, but being alone in South America for a few weeks was awesome. I’ve never met so many people except in Thailand. Peru was a true international hotspot, especially around Machu Picchu. I bet I met people from 25 different countries there.

Colombia was cool, but the poverty was almost too much in places. So many beggars. I had a guy follow me for 6 blocks in Cartagena trying to sell me a $1 bottle of water.

I did a lengthy hike in the jungle to the “lost city” — it was like 30+ miles, 3 nights, 4 days, and I met a bunch of Europeans on that. My hiking partner was a French kid who was hitchhiking around the world on sailboats. Met a guy from Maine who got stuck in China for the entire pandemic in 2020, got Stockholm syndrome, and stayed for 4 years teaching engrish as a second language. Guy got out last fall, went home for a month, then bailed to South America and been there since. Said he spent like 3 months in Bogota taking intermittent trips to the mountains to meet with his Ayahuasca shaman. Lol
Sounds like you need to meet up with the Daila Lama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT