ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court tosses decision that shielded officers who arrested citizen journalist

What’s a citizen journalist?

Go figure. Supreme Court strong on 1a. Color me unsurprised.

A crack in the qualified immunity shield. We'll see how big that quiet crack really is.
I doubt it's much of one. This seems a pretty rare case, but one that was inevitable as the lines between traditional media and social media blur. As small towns lose newspapers, these citizen journalists may become the most important news source for tiner towns and municipalities. One of the few SCOTUS decisions under the current court that I think gets it right.

Does that article give the breakdown of the ruling? Anytime I see James Ho I cringe, and adding Ken Paxton made the legal proceedings downright scummy.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Does that article give the breakdown of the ruling? Anytime I see James Ho I cringe, and adding Ken Paxton made the legal proceedings downright scummy.
Looks like Ho actually got this right, and was on the opposite side of Paxton, if I'm reading this correctly. Paxton batting approximately .000, so it doesn't surprise me.

Looks like Ho actually got this right, and was on the opposite side of Paxton, if I'm reading this correctly. Paxton batting approximately .000, so it doesn't surprise me.
That’s what I saw. My guess is Ho wants to leave the door open for a MAGA lunatic to spread misinformation versus legitimate press functions.

No opinion just an order vacating and remanding. So caution is in order

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT