ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court waves off Kari Lake lawsuit over electronic voting

every single voting cycle we have reports here in texas of people going to vote for an R and the D's show up. on the ballot. I would just not vote. or call attention to it somehow. there are a bunch of these folks volunteering. I think there probably are certain glitches. the good news is we now have a ballot that prints out after we vote. we can inspect it then put it in the box ourselves. now, what happens to it after that, who knows. for sure. but since we have a bunch of R's winning TX I'm not too concerned.

the good news is we now have a ballot that prints out after we vote. we can inspect it then put it in the box ourselves. now, what happens to it after that, who knows. for sure. but since we have a bunch of R's winning TX I'm not too concerned.
Translation: As long as my side is winning I don't think there is a serious problem.

Would you say the same if your side was losing regularly?

Translation: As long as my side is winning I don't think there is a serious problem.

Would you say the same if your side was losing regularly?
no, I would be like kari lake in AZ and trump in the national election. I said I am satisfied with Texas but not the rest of the nation. I think trump won and maybe even kari lake won. but I am not in AZ. I do vote for national stuff and I think trump won and when he wins again this yr it will be his third

no, I would be like kari lake in AZ and trump in the national election. I said I am satisfied with Texas but not the rest of the nation. I think trump won and maybe even kari lake won. but I am not in AZ. I do vote for national stuff and I think trump won and when he wins again this yr it will be his third

Why do you think Trump and Lake won despite zero CREDIBLE evidence any many court rulings (from both left and right judges) saying there was no wrongdoing on a grand scale?

Some people think Trump won despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Mind numbing.

So if Trump wins the Dems can demand he be ousted because he could only be elected twice?

Seems about right.

[Sarcasm tag, for those who need it]

OK, I won't bother with the psychosis.
I remember in the pre-Trump days when people around here would say, "OiT is crazy, but he's harmless. I'd like to have a beer with him." I think now most posters understand now just how harmful people like him are. Its hard to understate the damage being done by those who view evidence as just more proof of the breadth of the conspiracies they see all around them whenever they are on the losing side.

I remember in the pre-Trump days when people around here would say, "OiT is crazy, but he's harmless. I'd like to have a beer with him." I think now most posters understand now just how harmful people like him are. Its hard to understate the damage being done by those who view evidence as just more proof of the breadth of the conspiracy.
jeebus I still am good for a beer or two. one time I met a bunch of the hrot folks in dsm. one of them has since passed on and one of them never posts here. maybe I am dangerous!! ha ha and daytona's where we met is no longer there I think. maybe I am bad news....

yes it is almost every court in america under biden which uses a flag with the gold fringe around it which negates the flag
So Biden changed all the flags in every courtroom in the country?

Why did he do that? More importantly, please explain the authority he had in order to make such a change.

Feels like I'm watching a Jordan Klepper clip at a maga rally.

Yes OiT…Trump won until they counted all the votes that were legally cast. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Why do you think Trump and Lake won despite zero CREDIBLE evidence any many court rulings (from both left and right judges) saying there was no wrongdoing on a grand scale?
What's the political or non political upside of the courts doing anything at this point?

I'm not suggesting that there was anything at all here, but let's just say there was some there, there...

What would be the upside of holding court now? We're almost through Joe's entire term. I wouldn't want to be the judge that even allows evidence to be presented. Who wants to be part of the process that destroys all remaining faith in the election process.

What's the political or non political upside of the courts doing anything at this point?

I'm not suggesting that there was anything at all here, but let's just say there was some there, there...

What would be the upside of holding court now? We're almost through Joe's entire term. I wouldn't want to be the judge that even allows evidence to be presented. Who wants to be part of the process that destroys all remaining faith in the election process.
Do you believe there should be a "political upside" to the judicial system?

Do you believe there should be a "political upside" to the judicial system?
I believe that it's part of the reality of the world in which we live. For a pro Trump judge to allow a proceeding would basically destroy their reputation for objectivity as a judge.

It would have to be a left leaning judge to allow such a process to occur with any legitimacy.

I answered your question, now answer mine.

I believe that it's part of the reality of the world in which we live. For a pro Trump judge to allow a proceeding would basically destroy their reputation for objectivity as a judge.

It would have to be a left leaning judge to allow such a process to occur with any legitimacy.

I don't believe politics should enter into judicial decisions.

Full stop.

In your world KF, does “the law” make any difference or is “politics” the driving force then? Is there more than one standard of law, or do you put real stock into “you get all the justice you can afford”?

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
In your world KF, does “the law” make any difference or is “politics” the driving force then? Is there more than one standard of law, or do you put real stock into “you get all the justice you can afford”?
It's not "my world" it's the reality of the world in which WE live.

No it is not “the reality” as much as it is the perception…the problem is that too many folks do not know tgeee is a difference between reality and perception.
You gave the two confused, methinks.
Is that why the SCOTUS almost always rules along party lines... because I confuse perception with reality?

It's funny how 9 people can "interpret" the same document with such consistently opposite views without it being political.

Is that why the SCOTUS almost always rules along party lines... because I confuse perception with reality?
That is a recent phenomena, KF. The SC got politicized beginning with Reagan’s nomination of Bork to the Court despite the Dems opposition to Bork because of his role in Watergate. Reagan stubbornly nominated Bork and Dems successfully blocked his nomination. Reagan should have been smarter, but this event really changed the way the Court was chosen. With Bork, from that point forward, ABORTION has become the litmus test for SC membership.

It's funny how 9 people can "interpret" the same document with such consistently opposite views without it being political.
Using SCOTUS as an example here is out of context. The original comment you made was based on the 70-some court cases where election fraud was tried and failed following the 2020 election. Local municipal courts, for the most part. Not a panel of judges.

That said, even SCOTUS isn't political. Judges are picked by presidents based on prior decisions that fell in line with the present president's core beliefs. Sure, some are very left leaning while others are more conservative. But I believe supreme court justices are deciding cases based on their conscious, rather than political reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT