ADVERTISEMENT

Surely the hawks have a lot of video of last August's practices

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I would think Lester could get a good idea about Cade pre and post injury and in his first few games.

I would think he has a ton of tape on Hill and would be surprised if Lester is impressed.

I am curious though if he has some tape on Marco throwing the ball and running an offense. If Lester does have this then I hope Marco is ready to go by Hill this spring.

I would think Lester could get a good idea about Cade pre and post injury and in his first few games.

I would think he has a ton of tape on Hill and would be surprised if Lester is impressed.

I am curious though if he has some tape on Marco throwing the ball and running an offense. If Lester does have this then I hope Marco is ready to go by Hill this spring.
Cade's only non-injury ladened tape is from 2021 and only a few games in 2022. He was injured in what, the 4th series or less of the practice? Along with a shite OL, hard to really gauge how he played. IMHO.

Iowa has had inaccurate QB's before, and they've had slow QB's before. But Hill's ability to combine those attributes has been really hard to watch.

We don't really know much about Marco or Cade, or at least Cade in an Iowa uniform. So, Iowa is unsettled at QB ... again.

Fingers crossed for Cade to have a healthy season.

Iowa has had inaccurate QB's before, and they've had slow QB's before. But Hill's ability to combine those attributes has been really hard to watch.

We don't really know much about Marco or Cade, or at least Cade in an Iowa uniform. So, Iowa is unsettled at QB ... again.

Agree with slow and inaccurate and on top of that he's prone to turnovers. Fumbles more than any QB I can remember. Still scratching head why Kirk and Brian weren't open to Lainez earlier last year. He had a 18.5 QB ranking making him 126th to match our awful offense. God help us that he doesn't sniff the field this year.

Fingers crossed as well that TL can coach Marco into a D1 QB that fits his RPO. Cade, I am afraid is just one twitch away from being done.

Again , Marco had better receive 95% of the snaps in Spring.

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
Fingers crossed as well that TL can coach Marco into a D1 QB that fits his RPO. Cade, I am afraid is just one twitch away from being done.

Again , Marco had better receive 95% of the snaps in Spring.
Yeah, I want Marco to get most of the spring reps but we shall see.

Kirk likes players who have game time experience even if they dont play that well. Hills, combination of INTs. fumbles, not putting the ball on receivers, throwing way too hard many times goes right into his now QB rating which should certainly tell the coaches something.

If Hill shows up 20 pounds lighter and using way better throwing mechanics ( but hard to tell if he knows his complete fastball windup is bad) then maybe he can get better.

It almost feels like it's a good time for a reset when it comes to the O except for running game and TE. Consider the game experience at QB and WR that are next in line after our most experienced players have graduated. Could be a positive.

Yeah, I want Marco to get most of the spring reps but we shall see.

Kirk likes players who have game time experience even if they dont play that well. Hills, combination of INTs. fumbles, not putting the ball on receivers, throwing way too hard many times goes right into his now QB rating which should certainly tell the coaches something.

If Hill shows up 20 pounds lighter and using way better throwing mechanics ( but hard to tell if he knows his complete fastball windup is bad) then maybe he can get better.
Decisions are unfortunate made with the QB is wearing a red jersey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT