ADVERTISEMENT

Suspect charged with hate crime for destroying Satanic Temple display at Iowa Capitol

Another typical HROT thread. 4 pages of subdiscussions on the dumbest aspect of the topic (e.g does satans little helper pay taxes to the IRS?) and "tell me what exactly are you trying to say?" "no, you tell me what you think I meant".

God this place is predictable. Amusing, but predictable. I love it when some of you wingnuts come up with a whataboutism that I never could have predicted. Those are always great insight into a touched person's brain.

Satanism refers to a group of religious, ideological and/or philosophical beliefs based on Satan

Christians believe in a monotheistic conception of God, which is both transcendent (wholly independent of, and removed from, the material universe) and immanent (involved in the material universe).

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.
Then why is it disrespectful? The Church of Satan believes the religion should be separate from government. What I find disrespectful is too many people that believe in your God don't believe in the separation of Church and State. It is just as disrespectful to have a nativity scene in that same building. You believe that only one side should be offended. Edit to add "too many".

Last edited:
Step one is you have to believe the namesake deity of your 'religion' actually exists. Or at least did exist at one time. The Satanic Temple has been very clear that they don't believe Satan exists

your definition of religion is not the same as Cambridge dictionary or the United States of America

the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/religion

they have made it clear that they worship the historical literary version of Satan

do you believe that Buddhism is a religion?

Wouldn't you roll your eyes at someone who calls himself a Christian if he emphatically denies that Christ exists?

i roll my eyes at most of the shit that overly zealous, fake Christians say and do.

Most of the members of the Satanic Temple, as far as I can tell, are atheists. Many of the atheists on this board have argued multiple times that atheism is not a religion. As @What Would Jesus Do? once pointed out, claiming that atheism is a religion is like claiming that 'off' is a tv channel.

of course they are atheists, they openly admit to not believing in a god or gods. they do however have a deeply held system of values and beliefs and actively worship the inspiration behind those beliefs.
the fact that you are trying to use past posts of people hear as some kind of expert opinion to bolster your position, reeks of desperation.

They’re a ‘religion’ that openly acknowledges they don’t believe their own ‘religion’. They’re a ‘religion’ strictly on paper for the purpose of being tax-exempt.

Homeboy knocked over their statue. That makes him a vandal, not a terrorist.

🤣

That is ALL religions.

I don't believe in the myth of a Christian god.

I burn their cross outside of one of their tax-exempt churches.

I don't get charged? I'm only a vandal?

This P.O.S. should get what he has coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT