ADVERTISEMENT

Take this job and shove it - well not quite that bad

Finance85

HB Legend
Oct 22, 2003
Today is retirement day for me. More like going on permanent vacation. I started off as an accountant, and I've been a CFO and COO of small companies. Most of my career has been in IT consulting, which has been extremely interesting because I've gotten to see the inner workings of a lot of companies, including some large defense contractors.

Don't worry, I won't be crashing social security just yet, but I will be using Medicare beginning in September.

My posting habits will probably change since I'll be out and about more, and not be sitting at a keyboard 10 hours a day. That will probably thrill the fringe posters here on each side, but particularly the left.

If any of you happen to be in the Panhandle of Florida, permanently or just visiting, 1st round is on me.

Chase Oliver for POTUS!!!!

Cheers Mazel Tov GIF

Today is retirement day for me. More like going on permanent vacation. I started off as an accountant, and I've been a CFO and COO of small companies. Most of my career has been in IT consulting, which has been extremely interesting because I've gotten to see the inner workings of a lot of companies, including some large defense contractors.

Don't worry, I won't be crashing social security just yet, but I will be using Medicare beginning in September.

My posting habits will probably change since I'll be out and about more, and not be sitting at a keyboard 10 hours a day. That will probably thrill the fringe posters here on each side, but particularly the left.

If any of you happen to be in the Panhandle of Florida, permanently or just visiting, 1st round is on me.

lucky-napoleon.gif

Congrats, Finance. You'll be amazed how wonderful every day is a VACAY day. Enjoy it! And if you're ever in Cape Coral, the first round will be on ME.
Joe Biden Congrats GIF by GIPHY News

Congrats!!

I’m envious.
Enjoy!

Enjoy retirement.

Do you have any idea what you are gonna do long term in retirement or still figuring that out?
I'll concentrate on managing my investments, which doesn't require much time. Etrade has great tools.
I'll be traveling for pleasure instead of work. I have a lot of points and miles to use up.
I'll be playing golf and softball.
I'm repowering my old Boston Whaler so I'll be using it a lot more.
I'll ride the Harley more. I've only been putting 500 miles per year on it in the past.

Heading to Denmark and Sweden in September. Virgin Islands in February. A few small side trips along the way. Maybe Australia next summer.

Enjoy! Don't be an idiot like me and get roped back in to "side jobs." When they tell you they need you back to just help for a bit, remember this:

giphy.webp

Congrats! You are now eligible to participate in those hot granny orgies down at The Villages!

• Haha
Reactions: WSC72 and Finance85
I'll concentrate on managing my investments, which doesn't require much time. Etrade has great tools.
I'll be traveling for pleasure instead of work. I have a lot of points and miles to use up.
I'll be playing golf and softball.
I'm repowering my old Boston Whaler so I'll be using it a lot more.
I'll ride the Harley more. I've only been putting 500 miles per year on it in the past.

Heading to Denmark and Sweden in September. Virgin Islands in February. A few small side trips along the way. Maybe Australia next summer.
Sounds wonderful!

Quick suggestion from someone who has visited Australia many times. Summer is not the time to go (their winter) especially if visiting Melbourne while over there - cold, windy and rainy. Go in our winter.

Reactions: Finance85

CONGRATULATIONS!

Reactions: Finance85

Congrats! In my retirement I think I would like to spend late spring, summer, and fall in Iowa, and then during the cold months be in Florida walking the beach every day...

• Haha
Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT