ADVERTISEMENT

Take this job and shove it - well not quite that bad

Congrats and enjoy.

Hit me up for fishing tips.
What do you fish for?

I've live on a bayou that has brackish water. Where I am I catch saltwater fish, like redfish and speckled trout. Further upstream there are freshwater fish like bream.

There are 3 rivers within 10 miles of me, and they are mostly bream (shellcracker and bluegill), catfish, and bass.

Escambia Bay is a mile down the bayou from me. There's all variety of inshore saltwater fish.

Reactions: goldmom
What do you fish for?

I've live on a bayou that has brackish water. Where I am I catch saltwater fish, like redfish and speckled trout. Further upstream there are freshwater fish like bream.

There are 3 rivers within 10 miles of me, and they are mostly bream (shellcracker and bluegill), catfish, and bass.

Escambia Bay is a mile down the bayou from me. There's all variety of inshore saltwater fish.
When my inlaws had a place down in Marco I did a lot of redfish, trout and snook fishing. Also some tarpon - which is awesome.

These days it's all freshwater - mostly walleye, crappie, bass and channel cats.

I drove through World Golf Cart Village once about nine years ago. It’s about two hours from where I live.
The grandest building in the place was the enormous Catholic Church. All that shakin’ and bakin’ means sinners need to sit in Church on Sunday and lie in each other’s bed on Monday.
Soooooo.......... finance should give you a ring?

That's exciting.

I'll turn 48 in a few months.

Been saving like crazy for a long time.

No clue when I'll retire but once I have the right amount built up I'm OUT and not looking back.

What do you fish for?

Man if I lived in FL I'd be going after Largemouth all day every day.

You have some pigs down there.

Reactions: Finance85
Today is retirement day for me. More like going on permanent vacation. I started off as an accountant, and I've been a CFO and COO of small companies. Most of my career has been in IT consulting, which has been extremely interesting because I've gotten to see the inner workings of a lot of companies, including some large defense contractors.

Don't worry, I won't be crashing social security just yet, but I will be using Medicare beginning in September.

My posting habits will probably change since I'll be out and about more, and not be sitting at a keyboard 10 hours a day. That will probably thrill the fringe posters here on each side, but particularly the left.

If any of you happen to be in the Panhandle of Florida, permanently or just visiting, 1st round is on me.

Chase Oliver for POTUS!!!!
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

my-grandfathers-retirement-watch-hamilton-with-dupont-logo-v0-5x2nmrepjodd1.jpg

Good luck in retirement. Sounds like you’ve got some good stuff to keep you busy for at least the next year.

My dad absolutely loved retirement…..at least until dementia set in, but he still got a good 20 years. I don’t know when I’ll retire. I think I can right now, but my son still has 2 more years of high school and then college. He’s an expensive little bugger

Nah. I think he’s too young for me and I’m too old for him. 😉
He’s busy doing hurricane prep I imagine. Over in WeFla today they be gettin shaky if they’re looking at weather reports.
Not really. Looks like it will curl back around towards the Tampa area. Keeping an eye out though. You never can really be sure.

Today is retirement day for me. More like going on permanent vacation. I started off as an accountant, and I've been a CFO and COO of small companies. Most of my career has been in IT consulting, which has been extremely interesting because I've gotten to see the inner workings of a lot of companies, including some large defense contractors.

Don't worry, I won't be crashing social security just yet, but I will be using Medicare beginning in September.

My posting habits will probably change since I'll be out and about more, and not be sitting at a keyboard 10 hours a day. That will probably thrill the fringe posters here on each side, but particularly the left.

If any of you happen to be in the Panhandle of Florida, permanently or just visiting, 1st round is on me.

So you’re 65 next month.
Medicare has been pretty decent for me and as long as you can remain even somewhat healthy it’s not a problem.
Where you live is actually a reasonable cost of living location but I’m sure you know that. I am positive you’ve accumulated millions and you’re in the upper reaches of SSI benefits which of course increase the longer you wait to collect.
I’m guessing you’ll enjoy your retirement. 🥂👍

So you’re 65 next month.
Medicare has been pretty decent for me and as long as you can remain even somewhat healthy it’s not a problem.
Where you live is actually a reasonable cost of living location but I’m sure you know that. I am positive you’ve accumulated millions and you’re in the upper reaches of SSI benefits which of course increase the longer you wait to collect.
I’m guessing you’ll enjoy your retirement. 🥂👍
Nope. Turned 66 a month ago. Just delayed the Medicare B, D, G until I didn't have employer paid insurance.

I could have retired earlier, but I grew up really poor, and I've never thought I'd truly have enough money to survive. It's a mindset. I have a few toys, but nothing extravagant. My lifestyle is very low key.

Last edited:
Nope. Turned 66 a month ago. Just delayed the Medicare B, D, G until I didn't have employer paid insurance.

I could have retired earlier, but I grew up really poor, and I've never thought I'd truly have enough money to survive. It's a mindset. I have a few toys, but nothing extravagant. My lifestyle is very low key.
Gotcha. I grew up in a very middle class family and it’s definitely a mindset.
I have always been a TJMaxx shopper and not a Neiman Marcus shopper.
Never buy “big ticket” stuff that isn’t on sale and no more flashy cars.
I prefer a low key lifestyle every day of the week.

Yesterday was my 6th anniversary in my current position. I was rewarded with having to start working nights again after some people left. Your day sounds better. Congrats.

Congrats. I'll be retiring to a panhandle beach in 1 year 6 months 26 days 21 hours 12 minutes and 36 seconds.

Not that I'm counting or anything....

Reactions: Finance85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT