ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Swift Day?

If you want a real description of Taylor Swift day: they'll play clips of her songs, shoot Hawkeye/Swift mashup tshirts into the crowd, and show some Swift-related video screen clips. Attendees will wear purple for some recent album release, and there will be lots of non-Hawkeye colors.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
If you want a real description of Taylor Swift day: they'll play clips of her songs, shoot Hawkeye/Swift mashup tshirts into the crowd, and show some Swift-related video screen clips. Attendees will wear purple for some recent album release, and there will be lots of non-Hawkeye colors.
Knowing how well the sports marketing department has handled such things in the past, we should expect an appearance by Debbie Gibson.

Reactions: jellyfish10
She sells out every concert she has with secondary ticket prices easily exceeding $500 a pop so while I don't find her that extraordinary, many do.
Taylor Swift has a ton of fans and posters on this board need to realize how giddy they get about 20-21 year old football players. So many on her just totally wanted Coop to come back along with other defensive players. Not a whole lot of difference between the Pop Star fandom and the sports star fandom.

That's my point. It's baffling.
Think about the artist and groups we have had top five before over time, that the music didn’t really hold up over time. *NSYNC, back street boys, Hansen twins? Yea not all that different, just her non music cultural impact seems to be amped a bit more.

Maybe their hope was to get Taylor to attend and get some media attention.

If Caitlyn weren't on the team, and the game already not sold out, I can see having this day to bring in people. But since it will be full anyway, I don't know why any game would be a special game unless they were recognizing someone associated with the team/school

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I’m REALLY sick of the whole Taylor coverage but it’s not going to ruin my time if the University wants to cash in on it.

Interestingly the media crazes for Taylor Swift and Caitlin have a lot of similarity in that they both create a lot of backlash. It’s neither’s fault they are given way too much attention.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Maybe we should have a Swiftie day for the men’s team. Might draw over 5 thousand fans.

tumblr_ogbarwtIHI1qe5ugfo1_540.gif

I just don't get the love affair/infatuation that people have with her. The fact so many think it's deep lyricism and there's something more to her music is perplexing to me. It's simple music, for casual listening, designed to forget almost instantaneously, nothing more to it. Maybe parents trying to connect with their kids, I don't know. I just don't feel like that many people can actually believe she's that exceptional.

Bottom line is that she's just not any different from any of the other artists so I don't know why she gets so much clout as a result.

So, a Taylo
I do not like her or her music. She is well on her way to making Kelce her next ex. Hope she doesn't ruin him in the process.

Reactions: AEG82
I do not like her or her music. She is well on her way to making Kelce her next ex. Hope she doesn't ruin him in the process.
While I’m to old for her music why would she ruin Kelce? He’s a big boy. He’s also 34 years old and probably (definitely ) on the way down a bit. I’m sure even if they break up Travis will be just fine. Guys like you are just ridiculous. He’s not the 1st athlete to date a big star.

Reactions: AEG82
While I’m to old for her music why would she ruin Kelce? He’s a big boy. He’s also 34 years old and probably (definitely ) on the way down a bit. I’m sure even if they break up Travis will be just fine. Guys like you are just ridiculous. He’s not the 1st athlete to date a big star.
It's not really a big deal honestly. I get your point though, as truthfully, I'm just indifferent to her or of her relationships. It's not me she's playing music for and that's alright. I just don't get it but yeah, I'm 41 so that probably is why although I've never been one for mainstream music mostly. Her being with Kelce is of no concern to me and if they're happy, who cares? I certainly don't.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT