ADVERTISEMENT

TD Ameritrade Park/MECA

Mar 14, 2003
I am not sure who plans their concession staff and even parking control around there, but it seems to me they were woefully under prepared for the amount of fans. Concession waits were ridiculous.

I heard they underestimated the crowd today. I also believe they had issues with their credit/debit card machines which also made lines very long

I heard they underestimated the crowd today. I also believe they had issues with their credit/debit card machines which also made lines very long

I know it took me from about 12:55pm - 1:20pm to get a soda. Then I heard later on people were waiting 45 minutes? It's kind of embarrassing I think.

I just don't understand why anybody would wait 20 minutes or 45 minutes to get something to drink or eat. I don't go to games to use the concession stand. I usually eat beforehand and I'll bring an empty water bottle into the stadium so I can fill it up so I don't have to wait in lines.

Absolutely no way I'm waiting in line that long

I just don't understand why anybody would wait 20 minutes or 45 minutes to get something to drink or eat. I don't go to games to use the concession stand. I usually eat beforehand and I'll bring an empty water bottle into the stadium so I can fill it up so I don't have to wait in lines.

Absolutely no way I'm waiting in line that long

Because it was 90-94 degrees and people want a refreshing beverage?

Because it was 90-94 degrees and people want a refreshing beverage?
Sure. But you miss at least half an inning if not a full inning or even 1.5 innings. I am there for the game. Not to stand in line. Of course I am not a wide body like many I saw on TV

Water is refreshing enough for me.

Management thought since Neb was bounced early, there wouldn't be much of a crowd for the championship game, so they only opened half their concession stands.

Seeing the lines for tickets, I'm guessing some people didn't get to their seats until the 3rd inning. We got our tickets free from a kind Spartan fan (hope to be able to repay the favor someday). I heard 2nd hand that the championship game out-drew the entire tournament last year that was held in Mpls.

Reactions: icu81222
Management thought since Neb was bounced early, there wouldn't be much of a crowd for the championship game, so they only opened half their concession stands.

Seeing the lines for tickets, I'm guessing some people didn't get to their seats until the 3rd inning. We got our tickets free from a kind Spartan fan (hope to be able to repay the favor someday). I heard 2nd hand that the championship game out-drew the entire tournament last year that was held in Mpls.

The first day of the tourney through the first two or three games outdrew the entire tourney last year too

The first day of the tourney through the first two or three games outdrew the entire tourney last year too

I am not saying this would have made a huge difference because I don't think it would have, but Minnesota did not make it last year. Last years tournament was in Minneapolis, so I'd expect their numbers would have been a bit higher.

The tournament in Omaha has greatly outdrawn the tournament in every other location. Too bad MECA dropped the ball on Sunday, they've had issues like this before

The tournament in Omaha has greatly outdrawn the tournament in every other location. Too bad MECA dropped the ball on Sunday, they've had issues like this before
Omaha really embraces college baseball. Especially if Neb/Iowa is involved for obvious reasons. Where else are you going to host the B1G tourney that would embrace it like Omaha?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT