ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

Gomez says he weighed 170 lbs. at one time this summer.

Crazy as in 0 evidence to support the belief.
Yeah this is really dumb. There is 0 evidence either way since they haven’t wrestled yet. You have the college accomplishments of AD vs. High School and World results for GT. To say you think either will win is reasonable. To say predicting one is crazy is either intellectually dishonest or just plain dumb.

You also have zero evidence to support the opposite. Quit sounding so dumb.
ADS is a returning AA that has beaten Micic and Suriano (among others). That is my evidence. What is the evidence for Teasdale? Lost to Glory and a Sophomore Bartlett in the last season we saw him?

ADS is a returning AA that has beaten Micic and Suriano (among others). That is my evidence. What is the evidence for Teasdale? Lost to Glory and a Sophomore Bartlett in the last season we saw him?

When did Austin beat Micic? I’m sure you’ll come up with an answer that makes you sound like an even bigger dipshit.

Reactions: Grip220 and el dub

The “evidence” is painfully obvious you had any clue about what goes on in the practice room. You argue just to argue and come off like a giant toolbox each and every time. If you’re older than the age of 23 you should seriously reevaluate your life. Such a goofball.

The “evidence” is painfully obvious you had any clue about what goes on in the practice room. You argue just to argue and come off like a giant toolbox each and every time. If you’re older than the age of 23 you should seriously reevaluate your life. Such a goofball.
I never claimed to have a clue about what goes on in the practice room. Please do tell.

I do not know why so many people think Gavin can't beat or isn't beating Desanto. It does not seem so far fetched to me. I know a lot of you guys love Desanto for his gas tank and fire, but ....

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
I doubt Gross is too worried about DeSanto. Guarantee he's less worried about Teasdale.

And you would be very wrong! DeSanto can beat anyone in the country and has proven that for the most part. He had some work to do and from what I am hearing, he did it and then some!

I have no idea just how good Teasdale is right now. We all know he was a Hammer coming out of PA HS. We also have some very strong reports that he is back doing damage in the room.

Does this mean they will win against Gross? Who know that till we see them wrestle, but it is very clear that it will not be any walk in the park!

Reactions: Grip220
Austin won’t be redshirting and there was never much doubt that Gavin would be eligible right away. It will be worked out throughout the season as it always has been with Tom. Midlands will play a huge factor, but I expect to see many different lineups this year throughout all the weights and season and it will all be clear by the end of February. I expect a tournament line up that includes Gavin and Austin, but if it isn’t, it will be a wonderful sign for a guy like Murin. Everyone is expecting to be a starter and approaching practice that way... For those that are upset that there isn’t a “plan”, I’d recommend relaxing on that point. I mean picture a version Austin DeSanto that is on full feed without having to worry a bit about a any sort of weight cut. Austin is as strong or stronger right now than most any other ‘41 in the country. This isn’t anything prophetic or secret, it’s just facts. The consternation over it is strange to me. Is Tom supposed to tell Murin sorry in July because Austin is the new ‘41lber when they’re going nose to nose and bleeding and sweating during workouts with each other??

The best part about this “problem” is how close all these guys and their families are that grudges or bad blood won’t be an issue. Whoever is the odd man out will have just as much to do with this teams success as the guys who are scoring the team points. Let’s just let it play out. What’s best for the team will be on the mat when it counts... Simple as that.

I think what happens many times is the fans get stuck rooting for "their" guys and rightfully so. Everyone hear is I guessing a pretty hardcore Wrestling fan.

We understand what it takes to reach this level. These kids have and are busting their asses and we all respect that. So when a "new" guy comes along and may take a veterans spot in the line up, well sometimes it is a bitter pill to swallow.

For example I root for Ca$h to do well and have been ever since he bumped up to fill 197. I truly want him to open up, kick ass and become a AA. that being said, if someone is better and can help the HAWKS win the National Title, I am all for that man stepping in.

This has happen in the past, and can happen again this year at several spots. I see possible new faces at 33, 41, 49. In my heart would I not like to see DeSanto, Murin, Lugo, all get it done and help win us the title? Yes, but if a different combo is better. Then that is what gets put on the mat.

We can give everyone a participation trophy at the awards dinner!

Reactions: anon_hc7hkvtk15hp5
Gavin is a focused dynamo that more than holds his own vs the best in the room. Possibly the best neutral position wrestler on the entire team. Satisfied?

Goblin. I have watched Gavin (Kem, Lee, Young, Murin, as well) since they were elementary/middle school age and agree with your comments regarding Gavin’s neutral position skills.
My only concern with Gavin at this point in his career is the same I have for every HS wrestler adjusting to competition at the D1 level .....Can he finish and convert a high % of his shots to TD’s, especially against AA level opponents.
IMO, with Gavin it’s not a question of if he can finish his shots but rather how long it takes for him to reach that level. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is already there and also think he will see dramatic improvement from November to March.

Now THAT was entertaining. ADS can be a beast -- really looking forward to his junior year.

No doubt a fun match but I believe Micic was coming back from injury. Their subsequent matches have been drastically different.

Desanto comes in as king of the hill in the Iowa room at 133 so most favor him for obvious reasons. But to think an elite talent who was #1 pound for pound in HS a few years ago and has spent the better part of 6 months training at Iowa can't beat him is completely over the top.

I also think Desanto has the size and the game to slide up to 141 during the season. Not everyone can make that transition but I think he's uniquely situated to do it successfully.

Goblin. I have watched Gavin (Kem, Lee, Young, Murin, as well) since they were elementary/middle school age and agree with your comments regarding Gavin’s neutral position skills.
My only concern with Gavin at this point in his career is the same I have for every HS wrestler adjusting to competition at the D1 level .....Can he finish and convert a high % of his shots to TD’s, especially against AA level opponents.
IMO, with Gavin it’s not a question of if he can finish his shots but rather how long it takes for him to reach that level. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is already there and also think he will see dramatic improvement from November to March.

Is your name Tom by chance??

Not sure what you're referring to exactly, and not trying to argue, but I don't believe for a second that Teasdale is better than DeSanto right now. He is supposed to be really good, that's what getting recruited by Iowa and Penn State typically means. Maybe Teasdale can convince me otherwise once the season starts, but for now not buying it.

Now if DeSanto doesn't care about moving up a weight, more power to him and maybe that is our best lineup, but he wouldn't be moving because he has to, IMO.
Respectfully disagree. I hope they wrestle on the 7th. I don’t see it the way you see it. I think everyone’s stuck on the fact that desanto took 5th last year. Ads should’ve AA’d as a true frosh but regardless, he didn’t. I guarantee you Gavin does better than DNP and 5th his first two years. Like I’ve said since day one based on watching him wrestle for 10 plus years here and there, Gavin is simply more talented. My opinion and I stand by it. Can Austin win? For sure but I’d take gavin in at least the majority of matches. If anybody blows the other guy out, it will be Gavin dusting Austin. I can live with differing opinions. This one I think a lot of people are going to be shocked about. Like all things, time will tell.

We can all enjoy the depth and match-ups. What a great team. I am also in the camp that the match between DeSanto and Teasdale will be very close. I also believe that Teasdale is more talented and can win the whole thing. He will live on Gross's leg and can win the takedown battle. The question is can he get off bottom or at least not get turned. Either one can win, but I think Teasdale is the guy into the post season and we see DeSantos winning the spot at 141. I think Teasdale and DeSantos have more points upside than Desantos and Murin. Time will tell... and it's fun to speculate and it's nice to have flexibility with Teasdale, DeSantos and Murin all great wrestlers banging for two spots.

There is no way. I saw he was coming down to 33 but if his training included lifting hard and got to 170 that would be quite the cut. If he was 170 and lifting hard just a few months ago with the cutting rules that is crazy.

I have know idea how it will all shuffle out, but my thoughts on the situation are that we have 4 good options at three weights. Last year we had a 5th at 133, RD12 at 141, and 8th at 149. I think we need and should reasonably expect a top 3 at 133, and top 5 at both 141 and 149. This would be an improvement at all three spots over last year and should be attainable with the four guys fighting for those 3 spots. One will be left out, but you get what you earn and I'm guessing all for guys know one is going to be left out which will fuel them even more. They have all season to put on weight or move around and I think T n T will use it to score as many points as possible by nationals. How we start is not that relevant, but how we end up finishing is. It will be very interesting how it plays out. Maybe Austin and Max move up and Lugo is odd man out!? Maybe no one moves and Gavin sits. Time will tell and I'm ok with whatever makes the team better.

I would be surprised if Gomez isn’t in the lineup somewhere. Especially knowing Pollard and Dresser’s focus on Iowa and the meet at Hilton. Will be packed and by far their biggest meet of the year and it isn’t close. So expect Gomez is my guess.

My source close to the program says Teasdale v Desanto and Desanto v Murin are all very
tight matches!
Well I would hope this is the case. If they're any good collectively and starter material, this should be the norm. If you're not Spencer Lee anyway...

Reactions: Fluffles
I forgot to mention as well that with Turk and Glosser both going 149 (if that is true), regardless of the ADS and Teasdale battle outcome, Murin and Lugo are going to have to improve from last year or neither may have a spot this year. Glosser is going to be very tough at 149!

I would be surprised if Gomez isn’t in the lineup somewhere. Especially knowing Pollard and Dresser’s focus on Iowa and the meet at Hilton. Will be packed and by far their biggest meet of the year and it isn’t close. So expect Gomez is my guess.
Parker beat Gomez 4-0

West - I did not know that. Can’t say I follow ISU wrestling that closely especially this early. I also don’t follow Rutgers football until we are getting ready to play them. Wow. Parker is fine but not a world beater. How the hell did Gomez get up to 170?! And now making the cut. Well they need Carr to make a run and get AF in recruiting or their momentum is shot. Besides Okie St and UNi in conference at home and Iowa this year that place will go back to KJ levels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT