ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee possibly in big trouble.

SI.COM

There are not many specific violations laid out yet, but it could potentially be bad. Could the $8 mil NIL deal with Nico be part of it??

NIL is the Wild West, and I think the NCAA is going to have to decide if it wants to chase every rabbit or just throw their hands up.
Outside of the state of Iowa, NCAA violations and “severe” consequences do not go hand in hand.

So much for the McDonald’s bags of cash they’ve been known to hand out…..

food-mcdonalds.gif

SI.COM

There are not many specific violations laid out yet, but it could potentially be bad. Could the $8 mil NIL deal with Nico be part of it??

NIL is the Wild West, and I think the NCAA is going to have to decide if it wants to chase every rabbit or just throw their hands up.
Good.

They should force Tennessee to forfeit the Citrus Bowl and give us the win instead.

Reactions: savage84
I knew it! This is clearly the reason why Tennessee won the Citrus Bowl and they should have to vacate that win immediately. This is totally why Iowa lost!

Totally. Like, there's no other reason why they lost. At all.

• Haha
Reactions: IAHUNTER
Wow. So trash be trash?!?!

Tennessee is nothing more than a Citrus Bowl trash Michigan!

I love losers that cheat!!

More importantly, I love calling out fans of losers that cheat!!!

SI.COM

You are funny. They will probably get the same deal as J. H. Slap his hand and match the $8 mill. for the NIL

SI.COM

What? The NCAA has rules on NIL? Who would a thunk it? :eek:

Reactions: Typical Situation
Instead, they'll strip Iowa of a West title for a couple guys promoting Estella Fresh Mex.

Sorry Scotthawk1964 but it was only 5 plays. We scratched Go Deep Dog because our WR's got winded running that far!

future news headline: iowa retroactively awarded 2 b1g championships and 1 citrus bowl

future news headline: iowa retroactively awarded 2 b1g championships and 1 citrus bowl
I saw an article yesterday that attached a letter from the Tennessee Chancellor to the head of the NCAA. Basically, she rips him and the NCAA for trying to retroactively punish schools for NIL violations. That is, the actions were ok under NCAA rules when they occurred, but now are no longer permitted. She also rips them on their hypocrisy about NIL and recruiting. I’m too stupid to post a link, but it’s an interesting read. I’m also no Tennessee apologist, but if what she alleges is correct, the NCAA may have a tough time trying to impose sanctions

I've said this a thousand times. If the NCAA wanted to clean up college athletics, they would just need to hand out few death penalties for major violations and it wouldn't it long for everyone else to fly right for fear they might be next. The NCAA will never do that to a blue blood however. Last time I checked, SMU is pretty much a rule follower these days.......

Reactions: IAHUNTER
Pretty sure the path to shutting down that offense started when Tennessee’s players:

1. Woke up
2. Started breathing
I do not think this makes sense.

Aren’t you trying to say they had to do very little to NOT shut down their offense?

I've said this a thousand times. If the NCAA wanted to clean up college athletics, they would just need to hand out few death penalties for major violations and it wouldn't it long for everyone else to fly right for fear they might be next. The NCAA will never do that to a blue blood however. Last time I checked, SMU is pretty much a rule follower these days.......
Kansas basketball. LOLz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT