ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Braindead’s legacy left for us Iowans

Are any of you capable of acknowledging that some juries just get it wrong?

Is it possible this one got it wrong?

It’s possible, but not probable that entire jury would screw up that badly. More likely, I would acknowledge the state’s GOP attorneys were terrible.

Based on the available evidence, the jury made the correct decision.

Branstad is a terrible person, and was a terrible governor.

You only say that because you agree with it. You wanted that conclusion even before the proceeding started.

The jury may have gotten it right, but it’s possible they didn’t.

I'm actually surprised Branstad didn't charge the State of Iowa for attorney's fees to keep his son out of prison when young Branstad killed the driver of the other car in that fatal car accident years ago.

That would be a more pertinent question to ask yourself, since you question the judgement of all twelve Iowans who actually were present and listening to the entire case.
Why would you think twelve Iowans were on the jury? In a civil trial 16 jurors are impaneled and each side gets four strikes to reach a jury of eight. If the jury deliberates at least six hours, a verdict can be returned if seven of the eight jurors agree, so it doesn't have to be unanimous. See Iowa Rules of Civil Procedure 1.915(1) to 1.915(9) and 1.931(1) to 1.931(3) to educate yourself about civil procedure.

Why would you think twelve Iowans were on the jury? In a civil trial 16 jurors are impaneled and each side gets four strikes to reach a jury of eight. If the jury deliberates at least six hours, a verdict can be returned if seven of the eight jurors agree, so it doesn't have to be unanimous. See Iowa Rules of Civil Procedure 1.915(1) to 1.915(9) and 1.931(1) to 1.931(3) to educate yourself about civil procedure.

Because the one time I was called in for jury duty as an alternate, it was a jury of 12.

No reason to start lying mstp.
You don't think Braindead isn't a bigot?

Why did he ruin the career as a public servant of a homosexual man?

Why was he in favor of a state amendment banning same-sex marriage?

Branstad discriminated against Godfrey because Godfrey is gay. The court ruled on this.

Period.

Full stop.

I think all the fines and court costs should come out of Branstad's coffers, and not the taxpayers of Iowa. He can afford it.

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425
This thread aged very well.

A glorious thread indeed.

Iowa Supreme Court overturns $1.5M verdict in long-running discrimination case against former Iowa Gov. Branstad​

Overturned by a predominantly "right leaning" Court of Justices.

Yeah, nothing strange going on here.

SMH

This thread aged very well.

A glorious thread indeed.

Iowa Supreme Court overturns $1.5M verdict in long-running discrimination case against former Iowa Gov. Branstad​

This state is in horrific shape under cultist ****s

Overturned by a predominantly "right leaning" Court of Justices.

Yeah, nothing strange going on here.

SMH
Did you read the 126 page opinion, which includes two concurring opinions? You might just learn something about Iowa law if you did.

Is it really that hard to believe that Bran hates gays? I mean is it that much of a leap?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT