ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC?

Texas isn’t going to get the kid treatment in the SEC (penalty for hookem horns crap).

their path to the playoff gets exponentially tougher in SEC.

PAC 12 will need a couple teams. Iowa State might be attractive to them to get some Midwest exposure/tv eyeballs.

I thought Okla and Okla ST were tied at the hip.

Texas isn’t going to get the kid treatment in the SEC (penalty for hookem horns crap).

PAC 12 will need a couple teams. Iowa State might be attractive to them to get some Midwest exposure/tv eyeballs.

No it don't. CFP is going to 12 teams. A 3 loss SEC team has a decent shot of making it in that if they are "good" losses.

Maybe Nebraska can fill one of those holes left by them. They're not a fit in the B1G anyway and they can duke it out with ISU to be the big dog. That would leave the door open for ND to join the B1G. 😉

I think you are wrong.
tenor.gif

Well, Debbie has proven not to be competitive in the BiG, so maybe they can regain relevance by moving back to their old stomping grounds, especially if OU and Texas are gone. Of course if Texas and OU leave, that league be on par with the MAC.
Anyone who suggests this just needs to be shown the big check Nebraska gets every year from the Big 10 no matter how well or poorly they perform and then they will understand why Nebraska will never leave. Right now is as good as it gets for Nebraska, at least from a financial standpoint.

Lots of TV’s in Texas.$$$
There are, but there's a lot of Texans in Texas as well. That fan base is a nightmare. Then again, the SEC has the weight to just tell them to go sit in the corner if they aren't happy. How many coaches have they run through in the last 10 years?

Anyone who suggests this just needs to be shown the big check Nebraska gets every year from the Big 10 no matter how well or poorly they perform and then they will understand why Nebraska will never leave. Right now is as good as it gets for Nebraska, at least from a financial standpoint.
I don't know what the legal side of this is but I wonder if they could be "encouraged" to leave. 🙂

I don't know what the legal side of this is but I wonder if they could be "encouraged" to leave. 🙂
I think there is going to be a major restructuring of college football as a whole here. I guess it all depends on where the most money is. It doesn't matter how you change the schools around, it isn't going to change where all the good players are.

Debbie would be dumb to leave the big ten financially, but I think they would be more competitive in the Big 12, especially if OU and Texas leave. However, if OU and Texas do leave I don't see how the Big 12 continues as they will have no trade mark schools flying their flag.

Debbie would be dumb to leave the big ten financially, but I think they would be more competitive in the Big 12, especially if OU and Texas leave. However, if OU and Texas do leave I don't see how the Big 12 continues as they will have no trade mark schools flying their flag.
They will never make as much money there as they do in the Big 10. If the Big 12 is going to continue to exist as a conference the only teams they might be able to replace them with are along the lines of Northern Illinois and Tulsa. And actually, Tulsa leaving the AAC could be seen as a step down so that might not even be available to them.

• Haha
Reactions: P5Champs
It will be interesting to see if any big12 recruits not going to Oklahoma or Texas reopen their recruitment

Reactions: dekhawk
If this were to happen, Bowlsby would have to throw a Hail Mary and invite Nebraska, Mizzou and Colorado to rejoin the conference. The first two are afterthoughts and bring little to their respective conferences and I wonder how happy Colorado is in the PAC 12. Then make a play at Houston, Arkansas and Cincinnati.

• Haha
Zero percent chance that Nebraska leaves the B1G.

If OU/UT managed to leave the B12, I think the B12 remnants may pick and choose two to four of the top G5 teams like Houston/UCF/USF and soldier on.

Bowlsby is one of the few people who I'd think has a chance to hold it all together.

I think you are wrong.
If they ever want to win anything this move will surely put an end to that. Probably Ok and Tx in their division, and Bama and LSU in the other. The tigers have slipped badly since their intially joining the league, and while it might be good financially, their chances of ever winning anything would be pretty damn slim..

Reactions: scotthawk1964

ISU offering eyeballs for TV exposure??? Rigght, and i've got some swamp land to sell.....;)

If OU and Texas leave, the big 12 will be nothing but a glorified MAC conference with ZERO marquee names left to get anyone excited. Even if Colorado, Houston or UCF joined, none will really bring much to the conference.
Those schools would be foolish to leave the AAC and Pac-12. The AAC will have bigger markets and higher future potential than the Big 12 will. They may not have the tradition of the Big 12, but OU and Texas would be taking what's left of Big 12 tradition with them.

Hmmm. The legion of Clown trolls that have been infesting this place have become silent. I expected at least one to claim Okie and the Horns wanted out cuz they can't contend with the fighting Ronald McDonalds anymore.
Also, once Iowa again beats iswho, such “fans” will be non-existent.

• Haha
Zero percent chance that Nebraska leaves the B1G.

If OU/UT managed to leave the B12, I think the B12 remnants may pick and choose two to four of the top G5 teams like Houston/UCF/USF and soldier on.

Bowlsby is one of the few people who I'd think has a chance to hold it all together.
Yes his judgement is stellar; Steve Alford hired and retained. His indecision while wanting to hire Terry Allen to replace Fry cost us Bobby Stoops. I am not sure where you get that he is some sort of star.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT