ADVERTISEMENT

Texas seems nice

Been living here 24 years (San Angelo and San Antonio) and day to day living is no different than anywhere else, just people going to work, living life, and doing the best they can. The vast majority of people don't lead with their politics. I've never once had someone stop to lend a hand on the side of the road but ask me who I voted for first. It's a very veteran friendly state and it almost never snows. ;)

My only experience with Texas is Ft Cavazos (frm Ft Hood)/ Killeen. Therefore, all I can assume based on my experience is that Texas is the worst f***ing place on Earth.
What makes a place the best place on earth?

And the state would collapse inside of a year.
Doubtful. It already has its own power grid, and it would take a bit of time for Americans to stop relying on Texas companies for every day goods. They would likely put in their own immigration laws that would provide a near endless supply of inexpensive labor... I think they'd do OK for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Finance85
More nanny state activity from the party of limited government. BAU.
This, there's a wing of prudes in the Republican party that make it worth weighing whether you want to put up with those people and vote with them, the gun nuts and the KKK, or whether you want to put up with corrupt/violent BLM/Antifa, anti-Semitism and wokesters. Some real winners to align with there...

Reactions: ClarindaA's
More nanny state activity from the party of limited government. BAU.
Yup. Exactly right. The GOP wants to be the morality police.

Dems want to be the nanny state in other ways, but that's a topic for another thread.

Yup. Exactly right. The GOP wants to be the morality police.

Dems want to be the nanny state in other ways, but that's a topic for another thread.

When it is convenient. See also, Boebert post about her being a grandmother to an unwed son who is having sex out of wedlock and likely not wearing condoms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT