ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Lady Hawks.

TylerJ23

All-Conference
Oct 7, 2023
We now know that Sunday is the last day we will ever see this team on the court together.

So I just want to say thank you.

Not to just to CC, but to the whole team and coaching staff.

The past few years have created some of the best sports memories we will ever have.

But more importantly, the young girls you have inspired have undoubtedly created some future Hawkeyes to hand this torch off to.

The heart, emotion, teamwork, and hard work have been an inspiration to many all over the world.

So bring home the Ship Sunday, but know no matter what, we owe you a lifetime of gratitude.

Go Hawks!

#believeland

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

We now know that Sunday is the last day we will ever see this team on the court together.

The past few years have created some of the best sports memories we will ever have.

But more importantly, the young girls you have inspired have undoubtedly created some future Hawkeyes to hand this torch off to.

The heart, emotion, teamwork, and hard work have been an inspiration to many all over the world.

So bring home the Ship Sunday, but know no matter what, we owe you a lifetime of gratitude.

Go Hawks!
AMEN!! and sooobittersweet!will miss them!

Reactions: TylerJ23
Correct. A local radio guys was called out for always saying "Lady Hawkeyes". A person asked "do you preface the men's team?"
If I'm ever in that position, and I happen to say Lady whatever or -ettes, and a man or woman snaps back at that, I will tell them to their face live on air...................

irdc.gif

If I'm ever in that position, and I happen to say Lady whatever or -ettes, and a man or woman snaps back at that, I will tell them to their face live on air...................

irdc.gif

I get that, and I suppose there's a chance that it's a militant- feminist minded woman that does that.

But, there's also a subset of people that are simply correcting you because the Iowa Women's Basketball team is not called the Lady Hawks or the Lady Hawkeyes, they're the Hawkeyes. Unlike Tennessee which officially refers to their women's teams as the Lady Volunteers...Lady Vols. Using the term "Lady Hawks" or "Lady Hawkeyes" reveals those people as not a serious sport's fan. In other words, they're probably just like many other people that have recently jumped on the bandwagon, eager to cheer on and discuss, but often sound dumb when they do. The radio guy I referenced earlier fits into that camp.

I get that, and I suppose there's a chance that it's a militant- feminist minded woman that does that.

But, there's also a subset of people that are simply correcting you because the Iowa Women's Basketball team is not called the Lady Hawks or the Lady Hawkeyes, they're the Hawkeyes. Unlike Tennessee which officially refers to their women's teams as the Lady Volunteers...Lady Vols. Using the term "Lady Hawks" or "Lady Hawkeyes" reveals those people as not a serious sport's fan. In other words, they're probably just like many other people that have recently jumped on the bandwagon, eager to cheer on and discuss, but often sound dumb when they do. The radio guy I referenced earlier fits into that camp.

So they don't pass the fan purity test? Nerd.

Well, this thread went off the rails quickly.

I'd like to join the OP's sentiments, and take the time to congratulate the team on its amazing success, wish them the best in tomorrow's game, and thank them for all of the great times!

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
Very thankful for Lisa Bluder and her staff’s style of basketball. They’ll still draw big crowds after Caitlin because they’ve earned the respect and won the hearts of the fan base. I’d rather watch Teen Wolf than McCaffery ball, sadly.

Go Hawks!
Well Done Reaction GIF
well said

It seems impossible that we are less than 24 hours away from the start of the final game for this team. It has been a magical season and I will be sad to see it end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT